AuthorTopic: Found time.  (Read 2847 times)

Offline Atrophy

• View Profile

Found time.

on: February 23, 2012, 05:46:44 am
So.. I haven't been around a while. Recently found time and wanted to get back into pixeling. I started working on a tileset again and moved onto caves.

Comments and Critiques welcome, and desired.

Offline Sakoshi

• View Profile

Re: Found time.

Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 05:54:53 pm
Ice...crea..tue..sda..y? Um yeah, can't say much as it's a work in process except for the color of the caves, there could be a little less contrast as when rock is compact it does not give the appearance of being jagged or petrified, unless a rocky cave is what you are going for.

Offline Atrophy

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 03:35:26 am
Yep. ICT. As for the most part, yes it'll be a slightly rocky, but it'll also be smoothed out a bit. Trying to get just a basic feel before I delve deeper into pixels.

Offline slym

• View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 05:25:11 am
I just have to comment. I don't recognize Sakoshi from eclipse, but ICT... that would be a yes. What bugs me the most is that your light source is hard to read. When I first look at it it appears that it's coming from above, however if this is a cave the only light source would be from any holes that lead to the over-world. You've got some hardcore banding in the shading of the rocks, and knowing you I'm going to assume that was intentional. Whether or not it was intentional, I still thing that it is not benefiting the tiles. Nice seeing you on Pixelation is pretty awesome :) Keep it up!

Offline Atrophy

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 05:49:23 am
Little update.

Yeah, damn.. Now that you said it, the light source I've put bugs the hell out of me.