AuthorTopic: GR#094 - Another Werewolf (Nudity) - Pixel Artwork  (Read 12871 times)

Offline tehwexxl0rz

• Swing the bat.
    • ianwexl0rz
    • https://pixeljoint.com/p/15996.htm
    • View Profile
    • Ian Wexler | Game Developer

Re: [WIP][Nudity] Another Werewolf

Reply #10 on: February 23, 2012, 07:40:01 pm
This is looking pretty great, but am I the only one weirded out by the, uh... anatomical detail down there?
She's covered in fur, but it looks like her vag is clean shaven. o.O

The man looks a little off-balance. I think the shape of the arms needs to be cleaned up. Also, the way the coat hangs seems more like a skirt.

Offline Phlakes

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: February 23, 2012, 10:35:04 pm
You might a bit of purple in there to buffer the red and dark blues. The lighting is great, but a bit too jarring.

Offline 9_6

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: February 23, 2012, 11:11:59 pm
@tehwexxl0rz: Yes.

I had no idea what I was doing when drawing the fedora guy.
He's still very wip and I'm mostly glad I got something resembling a face done.

@Phlakes: Yeah, everything points towards purple.
The palette is in constant flux though and I may end up with something completely different.

Edit:
Update:
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 11:52:09 pm by 9_6 »
Does scaling an image blur it?
Opera fix Firefox fix

Offline StarRaven

• Threadkiller
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: February 24, 2012, 03:58:27 am
This is looking pretty great, but am I the only one weirded out by the, uh... anatomical detail down there?
She's covered in fur, but it looks like her vag is clean shaven. o.O
That's weird, but the furless boobs aren't? Haha.

I have to admit that it's kind of strange -- the fur on her head and shoulders and elbows implies that she has long fur, but the naked naughty bits and detailed musculature makes it look like she has either really short fur or none at all in places.

The guy looks a little short, like his legs are not long enough. You mostly took care of this but he still looks a little odd. It's a good idea to draw in the whole body before you cover it with clothes so that the proportions are good.

I was pondering that hand. Here's my suggestion:

I liked the look of that red lighting, honestly. Not that the pink isn't neat. Just my two cents. :3

My apologies in advance if this has all been addressed or something. I write forum posts at the speed of a melting glacier evidently.

Offline Godsent

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: February 24, 2012, 03:53:01 pm
Definately go with StarRaven's suggestion on the werewolf's arm. The old pose worked when the werewolf was alone, but I think the new one would work so much better now that the man has been thrown into the piece. Also revert back to the previous shading on the man's coat. Lastly, I'd stick with pink or revert back to blue this blue, though:

Looks like it'll end up a great piece :)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 04:10:23 pm by Godsent »

Offline 9_6

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: February 25, 2012, 12:51:48 am
Sorry guys, broad changes to the arm position, at this point, aren't gonna happen.
For one, I don't think it's necessary and I want the arms to be back there because of flow and balance.
This is more of a hand gesture than an arm position issue.

And last but not least, I'd like to wrap this up at some point.

So:

I have to admit that it's kind of strange -- the fur on her head and shoulders and elbows implies that she has long fur, but the naked naughty bits and detailed musculature makes it look like she has either really short fur or none at all in places.
Yeah the fur does indeed not have the same length at all places.
Less on the front more on the back.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 12:57:46 am by 9_6 »
Does scaling an image blur it?
Opera fix Firefox fix

Offline HughSpectrum

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: February 25, 2012, 01:31:28 am
For one, I don't think it's necessary and I want the arms to be back there because of flow and balance.
I honestly think the arms are communicating a different balance than the rest of the figure and actually breaking the flow.

I actually tried the pose you are going for, and it felt like I was doing this:

I think your piece can get away with not having a change, but it's still something I felt I needed to point out.

Offline StarRaven

• Threadkiller
    • View Profile

Reply #17 on: February 25, 2012, 02:58:00 am
I don't really think the guy adds anything to the picture. The werewolf looks stellar; he's bringin' her down.

Sorry guys, broad changes to the arm position, at this point, aren't gonna happen.
This is more of a hand gesture than an arm position issue.
I just thought changing the arm position would make it easier to change the hand. Problem solved with the new one, in my opinion! The hand looks 100% better!

Yeah the fur does indeed not have the same length at all places.
Less on the front more on the back.
Yeah, I was just pointing it out. Showing a chick's girly parts in spite of fur seems pretty much the norm for furry art.

Offline Facet

• View Profile

Reply #18 on: February 26, 2012, 03:28:13 am
Sweet scene, lycanthrope noir should definitely be more of a thing and there are not enough buxom werewolves in this world. :D

I changed up the thoughly unimaginative background and used it to focus attention on the lovely Ms.Wolf as well posited some more natural and predatory looking arm positions (I couldn't see how the current position was lending any significant line of action), lengthened her muzzle and sorted out some weird portions of the trenchcoat guy.

Mega serious anatomy crit; wolves have like 6 pairs of nipples. Make it happen. :lol:

Offline jams0988

• View Profile

Reply #19 on: February 29, 2012, 04:40:55 am
Mega serious anatomy crit; wolves have like 6 pairs of nipples. Make it happen. lol
lol, I was thinking the same thing, but then the boring part of my brain said "but people only have two."
Maybe four nipples would be the correct number? = \