AuthorTopic: [PAID WELL] Need pixel artist for hilarious game.  (Read 4379 times)

Offline gngrwzrd

• View Profile

[PAID WELL] Need pixel artist for hilarious game.

on: February 18, 2012, 03:04:57 am
I'm working on a personal project with a couple friends - building a game for fun. Initially will be released in the iOS app store. We're looking for an artist to help with game graphics. The style we're looking for is Scott Pilgrim VS The World on Xbox Arcade. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGkrCfC8v5E)

It's also essential that you can create animal artwork in that style - like cats, dogs, etc.

I can't go into any details over the forum, if you can post a link to your work and any professional work you've done that would be great.

Couple things:

-It is paid with a decent budget (2K+)
-Before any details about the game are released to you you'd have to sign an NDA.
-I'd like to discuss getting a very small amount from work from you before any production contracts are signed - basically a prototype of one or two assets.

Ideally we'd like to start production early-mid March. We are thinking it'd be 2 weeks - 1 month of your time, but we're not artists so we'd talk schedule if you're interested.

Also, if you have any friends or partners who can do audio design we're looking for that too.

You can pm me or reply to this post and i'll be checking back.

Thanks!

Offline julietklaar

• View Profile

Re: [PAID WELL] Need pixel artist for hilarious game.

Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 03:43:50 pm
Hey, i'd love to work with you! The style used in Scott Pilgrim, it's great! If you're still looking for someone, please let me know. I'd prefer making a prototype, as you called it, instead of showing older work. So you can immediately see what i can do in the style you're looking for.

You can email me at julietklaar@gmail.com

Offline chaosdragon11590

• Admin, game creator, spriter, artist, musician...
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 03:21:51 pm
This post caught my eye, mainly regarding the music aspect.  Considering this isn't the focus of the forum, I won't specify much here, but please email me ( anthonyloprimo [at] gmail [dot] com ) and I can provide some musical samples for you to listen to.

In addition, I might be able to provide artwork, but I'd be in a better position if it'd be as a UI designer in any way.

Regarding sprite work, please reference https://market.android.com/details?id=dk.logisoft.airattack for one example, and http://chaosdragon11590.deviantart.com for some additional artwork posted.

I haven't had much time to post any other work, between dealing with computer issues and the like, so contact me and I can give you some more information.
Anthony LoPrimo, head of G-Stream, a game creation "company".

3 Games in the works:
RPG - The ChaosDragon
TDS - Battle Barrage
SHMUP - TerraWorldNet

Offline Robageejammin

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 07:26:14 pm
Hey there!

I sent you a PM last night about the job, but just wanted to make sure I covered both ends here. To be honest, I'm really psyched for the opportunity to work with you on this game, and would put everything I have into doing it justice and making it the most awesome looking game it can be.

Hope to hear from you soon :)
Mike