AuthorTopic: Iso tiles WIP  (Read 3202 times)

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Iso tiles WIP

on: June 01, 2006, 07:51:21 pm
Thought I'd try some isometric.
I plan to add a lot more including some water/river/waterfall and such, trees, general landscape things.

Offline Ayavaron

• I am critic, not artist
    • View Profile
    • Pretends to Be Dumb, Ayavaron's Blog

Re: Iso tiles WIP

Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 10:43:58 pm
You've done a nice job breaking the grid, but something looks wrong somehow. It seems almost as though you've got some kind of cross-hatching pattern going on between the strands of grass. It's especially noticable when you zoom in a little. Also, in a few places, you've got your highlight too strong. Try breaking up the parts where you have bright green with a couple extra pixels of a lighter shade. Now that I think abotu the shades, there's very little difference between your second-brightest and the one darker than it. It might be safe to elliminate one of them or make one darker.
I'm not much of an artist, but please trust me when I criticize your hard work.

Offline rabidbaboy

• Jesus Beam!
    • View Profile

Re: Iso tiles WIP

Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 10:32:52 pm
to be honestm it looks like a grass basket lain out and with two rocks. instead of doing that "hatching" thing, you could make the grass stand out by standing up, erect, like this->////, instead of this->ll=ll=ll
i like how you did the rocks, though i think you should have made a newer one entirely, instead of copy pasting it.
"Baboy" is Filipino for pig.