AuthorTopic: [WIP]Mockup steampunk - Art nouveau  (Read 3191 times)

Offline kriss

• View Profile

[WIP]Mockup steampunk - Art nouveau

on: February 12, 2012, 02:28:01 am
I planned to build the game with a map like "mini map" connected to all the level aera (exploration and boss)
I used castlvania like model and lot of pictures "art nouveau".

I'd like to know your feeling
In this mockup there are 5 places:
- high/left : some control to access new map (with 2 side doors  :-[ )
- high/middle : just a walking aera + light
- high/right + bottom/right :  elevator
- bottom/left : access to a level aera
- bottom/middle : access to the save room (and other stuff). In fact i wanted to have a workshop with a menu (like the stone in castlvania) to save, maybe i should place this workshop directly in the map instead of a door + teleport !?

Thanks

Offline jams0988

• View Profile

Re: [WIP]Mockup steampunk - Art nouveau

Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 08:19:24 pm
Looking pretty good, kriss. The best elements for me are the elevator and double doors. The background wallpaper(?) tile looks a little too busy to me, but that might just be because the foreground tiles haven't been textured yet. I'm also not a fan of the metal girder things...gradients almost never work, anywhere, imho. Your girders look far too clean and perfect, and the light source looks a little weird, the way it conveniently pillow-shades from light to dark starting from dead center of the curve.

Check out colortheory.net to see how to more realistically shade the curve there. It's incorrect, but I forget why, hahah! It's explained in detail at that site though. =D
Looking forward to seeing what this set looks like when it's finished.

Offline kriss

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 12:33:17 pm
ThanksJams
I tried to make a stone texture and a rounded metal platform (like a ring) . I have tons of exemples but i can't choose, so i used big block stone (there are several huges element in all levels )

The back is a wall too (like factory in XiXs)

thanks for suggestions

Offline kriss

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 11:40:33 pm
I changed my mind about the back, so now, maybe i should use only metal for the platform, because if i make stone on the back and the front it could me too much !
Gargoyle is an alarm