AuthorTopic: [WIP] Werewolf  (Read 29163 times)

Offline Delicious

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Werewolf

Reply #40 on: October 16, 2012, 05:59:17 am
Ohie, thanks for the edit Seiseki. Definitely an improvement, I'll look into changing the colors. :)

Beautiful edit, Pistachio. He looks much better larger, I must agree. I'll see what I come up with.

Might take some time before a new update comes, limited time, but I do plan on finishing this and I appreciate the help.  :y:

Offline Delicious

• View Profile

Reply #41 on: October 30, 2012, 05:25:58 pm

Right now I think I'm at 15 colors, I want to stick with just using 16 for this. So, I might stick with the monochromatic-ness. Kinda sloppy update, but how's this?

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Reply #42 on: October 30, 2012, 10:40:00 pm
Oh man I don't even think I could run if I saw that I'd be scared stiff!
He looks so intimidating now with the extra bulk  :y:

A few issues I would try to fix:
1) his left forearm is a little long and the hand awkardly twists to face the camera/floor rather than following the line of the arm (possible but odd).
2) his left foot is a a tad bulky, I would try to slim it just a touch on the front part to make him look faster.
3) his right leg could tweak the muscles and knee a bit better, plenty of comic references available for that.
4) the rear highlighting could use a bit of extra illumination or maybe just some touches of whiter highlights?
5) his right bicep and elbow is pretty good but I think you can sculpt it a bit better
6) Ya gotta make his eyes glow a bit!  ;D

Offline NordicSoul

• View Profile

Reply #43 on: October 31, 2012, 08:15:09 pm

Right now I think I'm at 15 colors, I want to stick with just using 16 for this. So, I might stick with the monochromatic-ness. Kinda sloppy update, but how's this?
I think you should add more contrast to his head and body as pistachio did. Otherwise, amazing work, keep it up! ;)

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Reply #44 on: November 01, 2012, 07:35:01 am
Yeah pistachio's edit was spot on. Remember it's a full moon so you have to make it shine bright  ;D

Offline Delicious

• View Profile

Reply #45 on: May 01, 2013, 08:54:31 pm
Sorry for the bump, but this is done. Thanks all for the help! I learned a lot :)

Offline Ymedron

• All draw and no paint!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart account

Reply #46 on: May 01, 2013, 09:43:54 pm
Oh man, this is awesome! :D
It came such a long way, too. :3c

(There is a trend for these kind of threads to be put into the feature chest, maybe this could be one of them?)

Edit: Noticed some of the images are gone. D:> bugger
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 09:45:31 pm by Ymedron »
Also my art tumblr: ymedronart.tumblr.com

Offline Mr. Fahrenheit

• View Profile

Reply #47 on: May 01, 2013, 10:18:05 pm
Looks really nice! Something that I really liked was in pistachios edit which was not carried over to yours. I'm not sure what it is but, anyways, Amazing job!

Offline pistachio

• Mostly lurking
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/125138.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #48 on: May 02, 2013, 08:49:57 am
Looks really nice! Something that I really liked was in pistachios edit which was not carried over to yours. I'm not sure what it is but, anyways, Amazing job!

Here's what it looks like: the rimlighting is too strong not to be showing up on the trees/canopy, so the wolf looks a bit inconsistent and detached from the environment. You had it going there before, was really digging the tree on the left, so what happened? Rendering on the trees on the lower right seems a bit flat/vague. The head rotation, maybe lack of cast shadow to the left of its snout might be something there, too. Pecs also look to be misaligned with the shoulders.

Either way, I agree--it's a pretty awesome outcome, and it looks like you learned as much or more completing this piece as I did doing the edit. :y:
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 05:40:28 pm by pistachio »

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Reply #49 on: May 02, 2013, 12:31:24 pm
Would love to try an edit if I had time but from a quick glance:
  • Its a fool moon right? So increase the contrast highlight on the fur, its really catching the moonlight so should be the brightest bit.
  • Dunno about white eyes, reflecting yellow is more recognizable as a wolf and work better as a focal point.
  • Would like to see some of that moonlight hitting the trees and grass, sparingly perhaps.
  • Colours are pretty nice but the green and brown edits do make for a more interesting ramp.
  • They're shorts/ripped pants he's wearing right? I found that pretty hard to recognise for a while, initially mistaking it for shadows that looked like shaved patches. Some of those greeny brown colours would work well here
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 12:33:17 pm by Decroded »