AuthorTopic: [WIP] Werewolf  (Read 29166 times)

Offline Ürch

• I live in dreaming through the hours
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP] Werewolf

Reply #20 on: February 05, 2012, 03:50:19 pm
I usually don't really do anything but lurk here, but seriously, just add a different color for his pants.

Offline lucas_irineu

• View Profile

Reply #21 on: February 05, 2012, 05:00:05 pm
I believe this would be a great chance for you to try some sort of background, I was loving that blood on the ground and it just won't be the same with transparency around it (though it seems that you removed it by now?)

The pants really blend into him but they're not too bad as far as that goes - but I really think the belt buckle should stand out. Making it golden does sounds like the best idea.

Offline Delicious

• View Profile

Reply #22 on: February 05, 2012, 07:02:06 pm
I'm not sure if some of you understand, but I'm trying to make it so that the blood contrasts completely in the image. If I were to "just add a different color for his pants", it completely ruins what I'm trying to accomplish. I am sticking to monochromatic and just 12 colors, unless I consider adding a background. I appreciate the suggestions, and will continue making the the werewolf's fur stand apart from his pants. It should come together in the rendering stage especially.

Thanks!

Offline jams0988

• View Profile

Reply #23 on: February 05, 2012, 08:10:59 pm
I don't think he wants to draw a wolf penis. Keep the pants. Werewolves aren't just wolves, they are humans who have transformed into a wolf. Realistically there still would be clothes on him. As far as the update, it's better, but you can go even darker on the pants.
Yeah, because my dog loves wearing pants. =P
I think realistically, a werewolf would take his pants off. (lol at "realistic" werewolves.)

Besides, he doesn't need to draw wolf penis. He could just make it fluffy and/or dark down there. Most people wouldn't mind not seeing his modesty waggling around, even without the pants on.
I just think tight short shorts ruin the image of a deadly, crazed beast. And taking the shorts off would solve the problem of them not contrasting enough with the rest of him, too.

But of course, that's just my advice. It's Delicious' drawing, so he's obviously free to do whatever he feels is best! =)

Offline pistachio

• Mostly lurking
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/125138.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #24 on: February 06, 2012, 09:55:24 am
The wolf's head leading to the finger pointing outwards kinda leads your eye out of the image, this version was better. When making a pose, think about the flow of the limbs (example). Also I have to agree with the pants color comments.

Here's an edit:

Also tried out some fur texture on the arm like Facet suggested (version w/o shoulder fur here), didn't take that long and it could be applied to other parts of the sprite.

Keep up the good work!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 02:49:22 pm by pistachio »

Offline Delicious

• View Profile

Reply #25 on: February 06, 2012, 09:59:22 pm
I don't think he wants to draw a wolf penis. Keep the pants. Werewolves aren't just wolves, they are humans who have transformed into a wolf. Realistically there still would be clothes on him. As far as the update, it's better, but you can go even darker on the pants.
Yeah, because my dog loves wearing pants. =P
I think realistically, a werewolf would take his pants off. (lol at "realistic" werewolves.)

Besides, he doesn't need to draw wolf penis. He could just make it fluffy and/or dark down there. Most people wouldn't mind not seeing his modesty waggling around, even without the pants on.
I just think tight short shorts ruin the image of a deadly, crazed beast. And taking the shorts off would solve the problem of them not contrasting enough with the rest of him, too.

But of course, that's just my advice. It's Delicious' drawing, so he's obviously free to do whatever he feels is best! =)
This werewolf shall keep his pants on, atleast until I give up on them. However, right now, I quite like the pants. :P
Thanks for the suggestion! I appreciate it.

The wolf's head leading to the finger pointing outwards kinda leads your eye out of the image, this version was better. When making a pose, think about the flow of the limbs (example). Also I have to agree with the pants color comments.

Here's an edit:

Also tried out some fur texture on the arm like Facet suggested (version w/o shoulder fur here), didn't take that long and it could be applied to other parts of the sprite.

Keep up the good work!
Thank you for a lovely edit! Makes tons of sense. I will render the fur some more once I'm comfortable with the pose and form. Thanks again!

If these pants are still barely readable to some, then I will change them to a brown-ish color. Agree?

Offline dpixel

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/20306.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #26 on: February 07, 2012, 01:51:42 am
I'm no expert at this, but it looks like the head is too far to the left and maybe a tad low. 
Quick edit:

Looks great though.

Offline Lilyo

• View Profile

Reply #27 on: February 07, 2012, 02:50:55 am
Am I the only one who liked the original facial expression better? He just seems mildly surprised in the newest one lol

Offline Delicious

• View Profile

Reply #28 on: February 07, 2012, 07:02:16 am
I'll play with his expression, definitely. Thanks!

I'm no expert at this, but it looks like the head is too far to the left and maybe a tad low. 
Quick edit:

Looks great though.
Thank you for the edit! I will definitely fix that.

Offline Cure

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/2621.htm
    • facebook.com/logantannerart
    • View Profile

Reply #29 on: February 07, 2012, 08:38:55 am
I don't mind the pants, just the fact that he made sure to buckle his belt. If the belt were undone, the buckle had burst off, etc, then he would look less like a presentable young gentlewolf. I think more of a crouch would make him more animalistic as well, that's up to you though.