AuthorTopic: Floroform  (Read 2707 times)

Offline Lazycow

• Do androids dream of electric sheep?
    • flurrycow
    • flurrycow
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/15168.htm
    • View Profile
    • homepage

Floroform

on: January 27, 2012, 07:27:39 pm

This is a mockup of a game where the player has to climb a big plant to collect items.
The blocks of the background are important to the gameplay, so the blocky structure of the tiles has to be visible. It could be camouflaged with twines somehow, but I don't know how, yet. (still wip)
C&C are welcome.
A man touched down on the moon, a wall came down in Berlin, a world was connected by our own science and imagination. Yes we can!

Offline Manupix

• View Profile
    • Pixeljoint gallery

Re: Floroform

Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 06:54:10 am
I like that =)
Hard to give constructive crit since I can't guess what work stage it's at. No major issue anyway I think.
For instance, I like the simple background, but it might not stay that way! (could use a few more of these clouds)
The colors could be a little more funky, the greens are nice but some variation wouldn't hurt I guess. Some bluer or purple hue in the bg blocks maybe?

Offline Lazycow

• Do androids dream of electric sheep?
    • flurrycow
    • flurrycow
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/15168.htm
    • View Profile
    • homepage

Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 07:58:30 pm

Initionally, I wanted to do a plant like (B), but I couldn't match the lighting with all the small leaves. Now it looks like a building with plants on top. (well, it will do the job, too)

The blue hero on blue background does not look so good. (if the sky has a lighter blue) so it has to be night. not good. :huh:
Maybe he should change his color or wear some suit...

@manupix: ok, tried to pimp up the clouds a bit
A man touched down on the moon, a wall came down in Berlin, a world was connected by our own science and imagination. Yes we can!

Offline HughSpectrum

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 08:04:40 pm
Fill the dark tiles of the layer behind the player character with leaf tiles (or tree bark).  It's implied that you should be able to see the detail there.