AuthorTopic: Pixel arting on the DS/GBA  (Read 4590 times)

Offline alenacat

• View Profile

Pixel arting on the DS/GBA

on: May 31, 2006, 02:16:25 pm
Does anyone know any homebrew apps for the DS or GBa that allow pixel arting? I'm sure mario paint will allow it, but that's a while yet. There's a neat program called Draw http://blog.davr.org/ but that doesn't allow zoom or even drawing at the native resolution so that isn't suitable yet.

Offline goat

• bl33t
    • View Profile

Re: Pixel arting on the DS/GBA

Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 07:55:19 pm
I've never seen/used anything native to those devices that was anything beyond a toy, and for actual ingame art production I've never needed one either.  Are you looking for something just to poke around with for fun on the run?
typing ewith fdace

Offline Lick

• Formerly known as JointJunkie! ;)
    • View Profile
    • yup

Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 08:28:30 am
Haha, I would be very interested in programming such an application. But I don't have the tools to develop for my DS Lite. From what I read, you have to buy a GBA flash cartridge and a DS PassMe in order to run homebrew software. And those things aren't cheap for a high-school student like me. Hehe.
my ds homebrew blog! - contact me if you're interested to work with me on a ds game.

Offline alenacat

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 07:13:53 pm
I've got a better set-up now for pixeling, I was living in university halls where I didn't feel creative and wanted to pixel in a park or something. And now I'm going away for several weeks.

well, it won't cost more than the cost of a couple of games! Somebody should...

Offline ter-o

• Elitist scum
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: June 13, 2006, 08:30:38 pm
Lick, would you? How interested you'd be? ::) I have this semi-ready app for gba which is similar to deluxe paint / gfx2... someone should just finish it. One can pixel with it already, but it lacks few nice-to-have features. I can't code myself, I'm only a graphician, but I do have the source code.
I don't know everything, I just know everything else.
Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda

Offline Lick

• Formerly known as JointJunkie! ;)
    • View Profile
    • yup

Reply #5 on: June 13, 2006, 09:04:50 pm
I actually don't have much time to do any other projects. And since I don't know how much time it costs to port GBA to DS (probably not much but because it's mostly platformspecific code, that's unsure). I'm kind of wondering what would be more appropiate, DSLinux or just some form of 'game'?
my ds homebrew blog! - contact me if you're interested to work with me on a ds game.