AuthorTopic: [C+C] [WIP] Mists of Mairia  (Read 3578 times)

Offline Voxxitronic

• It's an adjective.
    • View Profile

[C+C] [WIP] Mists of Mairia

on: January 23, 2012, 12:46:46 am
This is a small project I've been working on after seeing some of the stuff on King Arthur's Gold, and I'd like some advice, mostly on the characters. My friend says they need work and more detail, and I'm not really sure what he means. This is meant to be viewed at 2-300%.

Offline MattB

• View Profile

Re: [C+C] [WIP] Mists of Mairia

Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 03:27:20 am
I like the tiles quite a bit, but I feel like the proportions of the characters make them difficult to read. I think its the way their legs are set so far apart, and the position of the fist makes it appear as though the leg closest to the viewer is somehow further back.

If you could spare one more pixel in height, you could give the legs feet as well. That might help.

Here's a quick edit. I'm new here though, so others might disagree.

Offline Voxxitronic

• It's an adjective.
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 09:25:01 pm
They're not supposed to have feet, but I did need to change the lightweight guy, and I want to use your edit for the lightweight (w/o the feet of course)
Added simple walk cycle for smith, added a nice little sword too.

Offline MattB

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 11:26:19 pm
Cool. I dig it. Once animated, they read just fine, I think.

Offline Voxxitronic

• It's an adjective.
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 01:05:47 am

I guess since *virtually nobody posts on this thread, it's going to be a progress thread, if that even is a thing. This is half of the size I want the stage to be for the game, since the sprites will be viewed at 200%.

Offline jams0988

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 04:08:07 am
I guess since *virtually nobody posts on this thread, it's going to be a progress thread, if that even is a thing. This is half of the size I want the stage to be for the game, since the sprites will be viewed at 200%.
If you want a lot of posts, you need your art to be incredibly good or incredibly bad. Since your art is already way better than bad, you just need to keep posting, and soon you'll have tons of traffic in here. ;)
Besides, it looks nice, but you barely have anything posted. Just a few tiles! I'm sure you'll get more comments when you have a full tilesheet to show off. Keep plugging away at it! =)