AuthorTopic: [C+C] Maplestory NPC Mockup  (Read 2247 times)

Offline SwissedToast

• View Profile

[C+C] Maplestory NPC Mockup

on: January 19, 2012, 06:35:07 am
Ello, ello. New here, this is actually my first post. I come from a Maplestory-dedicated media forum called Maplemation.
I've found that there is only a handful of dedicated pixel artists there so I am exploring new forums to broaden my knowledge.

These two girls are my most recent works, completed the past weekend. I've never tried anything like this before.
First time making frames, AA, and struggles with palette. The arm movement was particularly time-consuming.
The style is supposed to be chibi, cute, and the sort. I really don't know much about anti-aliasing and dithering, but I gave it my best. Over 40 hours spent on these.
Unfortunately I found the color count skyrocketed with all the additional colors for AA. The original color count is about 13~16.
All comments and criticism are highly appreciated. I especially want your opinions. Thanks!

I've always admired the sprites in Maplestory. I use http://www.maplesimulator.com/programs/bannedstory as a reference.
The NPCs and Monsters are particularly well-done. Almost all I've learned is from studying these sprites.
Check it out sometime, make sure to check "Select All". After that go to "Window" and then "Thumbnail Gallery"
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 06:47:23 am by SwissedToast »