AuthorTopic: GR#195 - Project Entropy - Gameart, Conceptart  (Read 65266 times)

Offline rikfuzz

• View Profile
    • twitter @hot_pengu

Re: Project Entropy

Reply #80 on: August 09, 2013, 04:38:14 pm
BTW, for some reason, last time I looked at this I read #1's head totally wrong - I read the eye as the beak facing forwards and the actual beak as the continuation of the mountain in the background.  I kinda like it pointing up now that I'm seeing it correctly, so if you don't want to make the head profile just be aware of that possible interpretation and do what you can to mitigate it while rendering.   :y:  Head to the side is probably still my ideal choice, but #1 as is is pretty cool too now I've had a chance to wake up.   :crazy:

Offline Mr. Fahrenheit

• View Profile

Reply #81 on: August 09, 2013, 05:00:55 pm
Maybe the eyes on the side of the head would make it read better.

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #82 on: August 09, 2013, 05:09:21 pm
But then it wouldn't be giving you that creepy cool side glance.

Offline Mr. Fahrenheit

• View Profile

Reply #83 on: August 09, 2013, 06:17:49 pm
While it is cool it doesn't read as well for me and it just looks like a weird cyclops thing.

Offline rikfuzz

• View Profile
    • twitter @hot_pengu

Reply #84 on: August 09, 2013, 09:08:20 pm
It could still work how it is, just make sure it's not ambiguous when in pixels.  :y:  But definitely go with some form of #1 with the Cristo Redentor vibe. 

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #85 on: August 09, 2013, 10:02:40 pm
The eye could blink and/or follow the player, as if watching.

OOooooOOOOohhhh eeerie

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #86 on: August 09, 2013, 10:55:36 pm
Heh, you guys are awesome.
Mathias: yep it's toned paper with opaque white pen, I don't know the exact type but it's made by sakura- same peeps that do micron pens.

The "eye" on the back of the head is a recurring symbol in the world and is supposed to represent a sort of omniscience and knowledge of the raven who serves a demigod like function in the world. I know that may be a bit hard to convey with pixels and overly simplified geometric shapes, but I really don't mind any ambiguity- sometimes that's better than clarity anyway.

But i think it's pretty unanimous that #1 is better, and I agree, That iconic shape fits with the mystical and ancient vibe.

Mathias: I'm totally a sucker for that stuff, perhaps it can happen off screen so as to keep it subtle. Have you seen/played Antichamber?

Offline rafal345

• View Profile

Reply #87 on: August 10, 2013, 11:20:03 am
rafal345: Thank you! :D There will be another lotus room that is much more technical and will feature the monochrome palette and perhaps even the glitchy aesthetic; will try to sketch it up soon :]
I meant something like this(I just made it monochrome, but this black/white part should be glitchy too):

Later I'll post other things but I need a bit more time, that project is so cool :D
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 11:22:22 am by rafal345 »

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #88 on: October 07, 2013, 10:18:16 pm
rafal345: Thanks for the image! I'd like to have tile based glitches like your animation, but done in code. At some point I will need to find a programmer masochistic enough to want to tackle all these purposeful glitch effects  :D

As ya'll know, animation is not a strong point of mine, but I powered up my ancient toshiba ( about a decade old now) and bought graphics gale. Been messing around with some idle animations. I tried to do a sine wave thing with the cloth in one.

Offline rafal345

• View Profile

Reply #89 on: October 14, 2013, 08:23:48 pm
I'd make the last animation a bit more dynamic and less "regular" (I don't know how to name it properly):