AuthorTopic: Tileset drawing software that supports larger tiles?  (Read 5173 times)

Offline Vercingetorix

• View Profile

Tileset drawing software that supports larger tiles?

on: January 15, 2012, 05:40:15 am
Hi
I just wanted to ask if anybody here knows of any software with tile set drawing features similar to Pro Motion or Pixothello that supports tile sizes above 64 pixels?
The reason I ask is because I would like to create my art at a fairly large size first (just because I’m more comfortable drawing at a higher resolution) then scale it down for my game however putting together a tileset is proving considerably more difficult at the larger size.
any help would be appreciated
Thanks

Offline jams0988

• View Profile

Re: Tileset drawing software that supports larger tiles?

Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 05:50:52 am
I'm not an expert, but isn't manually scaling down all your images going to make them look like crap? And defeat the purpose of pixel art?
I'd just zoom in and learn to draw at lower resolutions. The computer will never be as good as you are at deciding which pixels are important, and which aren't.
I don't know why you'd want to draw at a higher resolution anyway; you're going to be doing twice as much work and ending with a product that looks half as good.

I'm surprised Pro Motion doesn't support larger tiles though....what if you're building a hi-res game? XP
Good luck finding a program if you still want to scale your stuff down, though. I just don't see why you'd ever do that, heheh.