AuthorTopic: 1xRTT [64x64 Base]  (Read 4330 times)

Offline TheMonsterAtlas

• View Profile

1xRTT [64x64 Base]

on: January 05, 2012, 09:01:56 am

General Synopsis
Alright, so basically I keep changing my mind and instead of going with my previous project, Adobe Shinobi, I've decided to go with a more interesting MMORPG based in an MMORPG :3 (Yes, an MMO in a MMO.) You will basically start the game In Pseudo Real Life where you will meet up with your friends at a cafe where dialogue will proceed. Eventually your friends will bring up the subject about the new MMORPG Kioi and how fun it is! You will then proceed to your first quest, which is to go home and log onto the game. This will bring up the character creation section in the game where you will make your own character instead of being a generic person in the Pseudo Real Life portion. You will be able to choose your Name, Class, Skin Tone, whatever it is that pleases you then once you are finished you are greeted by a tutorial process where you start figuring out how to play the game. A lot more happens, I'm just giving a general synopsis.

What I have done so far graphically
This, I hope, is going to end up being the base, I have trouble making east and western states as well as walking animations so assistance in those areas will be greatly appreciated.

Possible Wolf Race for the game, not too sure about it yet though.

Tell me what you guys think?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 05:40:04 am by XLR8ED »

Offline st0ven

• View Profile
    • spriteart

Re: Kioi - Fighting Spirit [64x64 Base]

Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 05:13:44 am

as an exercise i took the liberty to edit your base to see what i could come up with. I decided to make him pretty ripped, i suppose its more interesting to look at a full figure on a character that size vs something with no mass (also allows you to cheat some volume in there).

feel free to tune the palette to whatever level of contrast youre looking for.

im not sure such long shorts are really useful as a 'base' for the character. perhaps draw him with some briefs or boxer-briefs so that you can work other clothes into the profile ontop of it vs having to edit out the longer shorts (to me they look like longer cargo shorts by their size).

Offline TheMonsterAtlas

• View Profile

Re: Kioi - Fighting Spirit [64x64 Base]

Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 07:34:59 am
X3 Thread Necromancy!

Anyways, I liked your edit a lot, it's epic :o but I wanted the game to a little more on the cartoonish side. I've made an edit of the original base to make it look a little better (in my opinion)

Sample of the targeting

Offline PypeBros

• Pixel Padawan
    • PypeBros
    • View Profile
    • Bilou Homebrew's Blog.

Re: 1xRTT [64x64 Base]

Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 01:24:41 pm
imho, your attempt to give him a muscular abdomen doesn't work well at this scale and perspective. st0ven's edit featured a dark and homogeneous abdomen instead, which better fits the fact that this area would be obscured by the chest in a 3/4 top view.

Offline Southend_boi

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 05:07:37 pm

heres my edit...  i think you should go with a more slim look if your going with a anime/manga style. maybe, make him taller ?

Offline TheMonsterAtlas

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 10:23:42 pm
imho, your attempt to give him a muscular abdomen doesn't work well at this scale and perspective. st0ven's edit featured a dark and homogeneous abdomen instead, which better fits the fact that this area would be obscured by the chest in a 3/4 top view.

That makes a lot of sense, thanks for the tip Pype :P

The abdomen is a lot darker now and I also fixed the pecks!

Offline TheMonsterAtlas

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 05:42:16 am
I currently added the Logo of the game, which is

What do you guys think? I wanted to make it relatively simple and "digital" like ;~;