AuthorTopic: [C&C] Platform Sprites - Needing some help.  (Read 4039 times)

Offline Sokota

• WeThePuppets
    • View Profile

[C&C] Platform Sprites - Needing some help.

on: January 04, 2012, 09:55:15 am
Hey all,

So I've been working on this platform game Stasis (set a near future, dystopian world) for quite some time, and am now working on a slightly large set piece, a near future monorail station. I'm pretty happy with the pillars and the under-part of the middle, but I am having problems with making the roof look corrugated and still pop/stay consistent with the art style and perspective. Right now I'm working on the base structure; I plan on adding a bunch of small details, but I want to make sure I get this nailed before we start lighting it in-game. I'm thinking I should foreshorten the roof more but I'm not quite sure how to go about that.

The Metro Station sprite

The Metro Station in-game

All C&C is welcome and appreciated!

Sokota
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 04:59:20 am by Sokota »

Offline Sharm

• View Profile

Re: [C&C] Platform Game Monorail Station

Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 02:50:26 pm
That's your in game shot?  Why are you shading it like there's a light source above it then?  Either way the shading on the roof looks upside down to me.

Offline Sokota

• WeThePuppets
    • View Profile
Hey, been working on some other sprites for this game..it's been awhile. But I have this massive helicopter sprite I'm working on, and I'm just kinda at a loss of what to do with the form...I am happy with the lineart but the actual shading part has been throwing me a curveball. I was hoping someone else more experienced might be able to help me out.

In the game, the rotors move indepently from the body, so I'm not sure how to handle the shading there, perhaps animation. This is with only four shades of gray..I plan on using 8 or 12 perhaps, we shall see. All C&C is welcome.

Thanks

Sokota