AuthorTopic: BrotherInWar campaign  (Read 10209 times)

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Re: BrotherInWar campaign

Reply #10 on: August 21, 2005, 05:49:54 am
There’s two I thought of when I was smoking some we... er sitting in my thinking chair that I rather am taking a liking too.

- Devise a Game box for a game you wish was made
 - Vehicles, design a vehicle that works on two of the 4 types of area, ie, on land, on water, underwater, and airborne

We might try group collabs, where is not a collaboration from the entire forum its from a smaller group of round' 5 people.  Where there would be a set challange that different skill level artists could join in; or there is different collabs put out at the same time and you are only allowed to join one.  This would show what people have similar interests.  I feel it’s a need to have challenges that all skill levels could attempt while still testing the limits of the more professional artists.  Also interactive tutorials might be put into place.  Where a tutorial is posted and learning artists post in the tutorial what they tried to do with what they learned from the tutorial.  Then the creator/or others) crit on how well what was taught in the tutorial was done.  Also to reduce useless posts the post length req possibly could be put back. 

PS Pep: You take the simplest thing to say and make it difficult for us Texans to read.  Don’t stop doing it…  It itches my brain.  Mmmm...  (Born in Tex moved to NJ, why?  I don't know why NJ)

Hah I aint letting you go to sleep Pep!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2005, 12:33:27 pm by BrotherInWar »
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline Peppermint Pig

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: August 21, 2005, 06:04:57 am
LOL... Thanks.. I'll continue to write like I do...

I was actually hoping that more people would start asking questions of the candidates. Also, maybe more candidates would show up! I think we will begin voting next friday btw..

I have a draft of some rules that I think would be good for activities (that could be changed later, sort of like a bylaw/constitution).

Activities:

1. No more than 3 activities shall be posted in a given week.
   2. Any approved activity may be executed at the next permissable time. Activities shall be posted in the order in which they were approved.
   3. During the week of voting in new representatives, no new activities shall be posted.
   4. Anybody may suggest an activity, however a formal proposal may only be presented by an authorized officer (Daijin/Representative).
   5. Proposals for activities shall include details such as duration for said activity, as well as any other requisites for successful operation.

Do you think these are acceptable terms for regulating challenge traffic??

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #12 on: August 21, 2005, 06:18:07 am
I think 2 weeks is a large enough window to do a challenge.  Just so new challenges aren't cast over with the shadow of the older ones.  I think after 2 weeks they should be locked and arched.  Some more difficult challenges can be as much as 4 weeks/month.  Yet those are only allowed at max once a month.  An activity suggestion topic like the old one will be put into place officially.  IMO there should be an entirely new challenge category.  .  Just to keep more focus on crits on people’s pixel art and not the challenges.  Yes, people could post there challenge submissions in the pixel art section to get some crits to have it as a finished piece, but I feel the fact that people see the challenges in the pixel art section it causes a large number of the critters to crit on challenge submissions rather than pixel art.  Other than that the rules are fine.  Hmm yes I'm seeing all your other questions you are asking the other candidates and not getting responses except from dog and myself.  Insomnia...
« Last Edit: August 22, 2005, 12:24:45 pm by BrotherInWar »
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline Peppermint Pig

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: August 23, 2005, 01:52:03 am
I think activities cannot be judged that way. You should let them run as long as people want to participate. But yeah, locking when you're done is fine. That's the easiest way to identify and stay within the 3 simultaneous/3 per week limit.

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #14 on: August 24, 2005, 12:33:48 am
Huzah new campaign badges!  I got bored when I was drawing a tombstone so I threw on my logo.

I shall be the only one wearing it but care I do not!
Proud to be a BMS team: