AuthorTopic: [WIP] Wasteland Tileset (32x)  (Read 6690 times)

Offline Facet

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Wasteland Tileset (32x)

Reply #10 on: December 30, 2011, 07:35:21 pm
Why not practice working in perspective/ tile variants in context by bringing together the tiles you already have into a mock-up? You've made a good start here and any work put in will benefit future projects as well as your portfolio.

Pistachio has demonstrated a way forward, (OT loads of great, helpful edits lately, keep on being awesome) I think you'd learn more from the pool of collective experience here than any amount of private conversions. People on this forum are interested in your work regardless of whether it will make it into a game! Post questions and you'll get answers  ;D

Offline imnumberfour

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: December 31, 2011, 11:36:59 am
I will most likely work on these tiles, but with a looser theme, to allow me to experiment more! I think what completely made me lose any sense of perspective, is when I started working on minecraft tiles. Hopefully I will get into the swing of things soon.

Again, thanks so much for all the support!

Offline PypeBros

• Pixel Padawan
    • PypeBros
    • View Profile
    • Bilou Homebrew's Blog.

Reply #12 on: January 07, 2012, 09:10:47 am
I tried a quick colour change of the dirt tile, what do you think?

globally great, but my eyes keep seeing the column of stones closest to the water as a kind of mini-wall that keeps the water appart. You could try to darken it a little bit to ease the transition, and likely dedicate a transition tile where the junction is not straight so that you can more easily come with various shaped puddles.