AuthorTopic: Logo for a documentary  (Read 3374 times)

Offline Phlakes

• View Profile

Logo for a documentary

on: December 23, 2011, 10:38:02 pm
Alright, I'm working on this for an internet acquaintance, and I'm pretty happy with it, but I feel like there are tons of things that could either be fixed or improved. So I figured I'd come ask you guys with all the creative juices.

It's supposed to be very simple, and have a 8/16 bit theme going on, so I want to avoid too much AA to keep it very crisp and pixely.

Basically, if you were going to take this and give it to someone to use as a logo, what would fix, change, or add?

Offline tehwexxl0rz

• Swing the bat.
    • ianwexl0rz
    • https://pixeljoint.com/p/15996.htm
    • View Profile
    • Ian Wexler | Game Developer

Re: Logo for a documentary

Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 01:04:28 am
Way too similar to:

Offline Phlakes

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 01:40:52 am
Way too similar to:

Balls, I knew it really reminded me of something. I actually have one of the albums, so it was probably in my memory yesterday. Well... I can't decide whether to roll with it, change it, or just go back to the drawing board.

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 04:07:07 am
I don't see a problem. Both work with the extremely similar subject matter ( retro games) and due to the nature of pixel art, they elements used to create them ( pixels ) are finite, so no matter what you do it's going to be " similar".  But the font and treatment of the pixels is completely different. I've seen much more similar logos than the case here. I'd say just carry on.

Offline Phlakes

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: December 24, 2011, 04:25:08 am
Alright, brightened the lighter greens here-

And I tried changing the other letters. Too hard to read now?

Offline Photocopier

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: December 24, 2011, 09:15:25 am
That line of dark pixels round the curves of the U and P isn't doing you any favours.
I know you said that you were looking to avoid AA but you already have the colours for it and I feel it would make that title look so much better.

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #6 on: December 24, 2011, 02:53:28 pm
just outta curiosity...what kinda documentary is the 1up documentary? is it like a TAS runs documentary or osmething? I'm having a hard time imagining what it could be about  :blind:

Offline Phlakes

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: December 24, 2011, 04:26:16 pm
just outta curiosity...what kinda documentary is the 1up documentary? is it like a TAS runs documentary or osmething? I'm having a hard time imagining what it could be about  :blind:

It was a gaming marathon for the Extra Life charity.

And I AA'd the curves, looks much better, and the outer ones will be done once I put it on a transparency (want to finish it in Paint first, XP Paint is what the cool kids use). Also a bit of reorganizing for more visual appeal-