AuthorTopic: [WIP] Partisan Tactics Battles : Animations, woah  (Read 241115 times)

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile
hmm, well i dont want him to stand out too much, and the entire game is pixelled with zoom in mind (im wondering if i should just not upload 1x images anymore...)

same problem viewing at 2x or 3x ?
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile
same problem viewing at 2x or 3x ?
No.
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile
I have one comment about the sprites from a gameplay perspective.  I'm not sure if you're working with a fixed palette for the game, or just fixed palette per faction, but it might be good to slightly increase the saturation for faction relevant colors.

missed this before.

this is very interesting because i sorta thought that the red and blue areas were highly saturated already :P.  will definitely take this into consideration though when finalizing palettes.
A mistake is a mistake.

Offline Faktablad

• grow
    • View Profile
    • Couchpixel
Do you attack its weak point for massive damage??  :o

I'm not sure I like the interior AA, and I have some readability issues with the volumes on the body...but it's a nice-looking design.

Offline MrMister

• meltymorph
    • View Profile
Cool crablature, reminds me of Gyo by junji ito(nipon faggot right here)
As long as its animated it should stand out just fine.
it might be a one shot deal

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile
not so much of an update, just seeing if people like more or less colorful shadows (the shapes for which are still broken btw, this also uses some older tiles).  Also, a wip water tile, which will use a little bit of alpha to help with tiling boredom, as well as staggered animation (which will let us have multi-tile waves - they should look something like the 4th pic except better, bigger, and the tiles themselves will also be animated with movement, glints, etc)

« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 11:45:03 pm by Adarias »
A mistake is a mistake.

Offline vedsten

• boo
    • View Profile
hmm.. been looking at for a while, initially i didn't care for it, but on second thought I think i like the idea. Still kinda ambivalent about it though, since ii don't like is the fact that it adds a lot of colors to bg. that imo looks "busy" enough as it is. Water tiles are a bitch, but i think you did a good job. I minor crit - i think there's too big a difference in alphavalues, some parts you can barely see through while others are fairly opaque. I suggest you bring em a bit closer together, dunno, mayby it's just me.
Anyhow, thanks for keeping this post flooded with top pixel art, it's a goldmine  :y:

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile
Still kinda ambivalent about it though, since ii don't like is the fact that it adds a lot of colors to bg. that imo looks "busy" enough as it is.

hmm, yeah that's something for me to keep track of.  Fil might be able to put in a limited palette sos i could simplify it, but that might be trying too hard to not pixel.

in the meantime, what goes well with robot crabs?  robot swans of course.  here's Cygnus model:

+ = <3
A mistake is a mistake.

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile
Swan? Sorry man, but it really doesn't look like a swan. More like a cross between a hawk and uhh.. one of those fat birds that lay eggs in other birds nests. (Ugh. That was an awkward comparison.)
Beyond the lack of likeness, it looks great. Though it looks like the back wheel is at a funny angle compared toe the front.
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile
Swan? Sorry man, but it really doesn't look like a swan.

im actually trying to keep the likenesses away from the constellations, hence no bird beak or yknow, feet :P.  The crab also has a head, no claws, and a torso that is separated from it's legs ...^^

i know what you mean about the rear wheel though, i jsut don't know how to adjust it without making the thing a bicycle (right now it's a trike)
A mistake is a mistake.