AuthorTopic: [WIP] Partisan Tactics Battles : Animations, woah  (Read 243412 times)

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

got the bricks redone, and the rocks too but the hard line is strange so I'm going too hold off on that till i figure out how to soften that shadow properly.
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline fil_razorback

• Captain of a ship without a name
    • View Profile
    • Partisan - Tactics Battles
I'm not able to tell you what's wrong in the big map but something surely is.
BUT, what I can tell you is that this thumbnail looks perfect =)

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile
I'm not able to tell you what's wrong in the big map but something surely is.

heh, i can name quite a few things, mostly stemming from low number of tiles and shadow shapes attempting to be organic and needing MORE MORE MORE (better slopes, more posts, redone grasses, and a few hundred other things to fix :P)

or did you mean that it is like, system-wise flawed?

oh and PS helm i forgot to say thanks; I had only looked at the seam contained by the actual block (convex edge) and not at the area where two tiles touch across the diagonal (concave edge), thanks for pointing that one out!
A mistake is a mistake.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides
no worries. Be very careful where you have symmetry. When the human brain sees symmetry, they make organic stuff out of it, faces, human faces, eyes, all that stuff, it's distracting in what is supposed to be random rubble. My advice is to separate with darkness as I showed and also, just don't mirror, really.

Offline Vertigo-zero

• http://boomers.onninet.com
    • View Profile
    • Boomers

Re: [WIP] Partisan Tactics Battles : Now with 20% more girlies

Reply #474 on: January 26, 2008, 09:11:06 am

Maybe a little late but why the HELL did you give every boy and girl iron boots!? I like the panties for the girls :S not saying all girls need them but you have to leave some of them in there :O

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Partisan Tactics Battles : Now with 20% more girlies

Reply #475 on: January 26, 2008, 06:19:07 pm
Maybe a little late but why the HELL did you give every boy and girl iron boots!? I like the panties for the girls :S not saying all girls need them but you have to leave some of them in there :O

you sorta lost me there; i think what you call "iron boots" are what i intended to be "standard black leather boots," and i think you are also confusing the older version with the newer version, as certainly there is variation among the footwear types (not as much as there could be should be, but later iterations may change this) :

btw i think the palette got fucked when I sent myself things.....the ranges are not as nice as i remember

about the panties, I have no idea what you mean, as none of the character ever have and ever will appear in undergarments in battle.  it is a habit of anime and videogames to undress their female cast just for the hell of it, but it's a habit that bothers me.
A mistake is a mistake.

Offline brodrick

• View Profile
I have one comment about the sprites from a gameplay perspective.  I'm not sure if you're working with a fixed palette for the game, or just fixed palette per faction, but it might be good to slightly increase the saturation for faction relevant colors.

Offline Vertigo-zero

• http://boomers.onninet.com
    • View Profile
    • Boomers
Oh I think I mixed up the old and new version then XD If the top row characters have the smaller black boots or whatever as latest version it look sreal cool! :P srry XD

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile
Oh I think I mixed up the old and new version then XD If the top row characters have the smaller black boots or whatever as latest version it look sreal cool! :P srry XD
heh, no prob, and you brought up a good point which is that it would be good of me to get more variation in the footwear

little update - first look at what a construct might appear as :

like any first take it is subject to change a hundred times, but this is Cancer, a model available to the Mechanists.  Support skills, slashing, semi-fast, semi-tough, lightweight.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 05:49:30 am by Adarias »
A mistake is a mistake.

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile
It doesn't really pop out against the background. I guess it might be fine in game, particularly if the smoke is animated, but maybe add some bright highlights? Especially the claws... you could really make those pop out since they're close to the big shadows :).
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)