AuthorTopic: [WIP] Partisan Tactics Battles : Animations, woah  (Read 241163 times)

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile
ok dark brown and black(er).  I'm not certain quite how well that will work with the established shadow colors (dynamic recoloring is both convenient and frustrating) but i tihnk if i jsut stay with close darks with a spike up to the highlights i can pull out a black that is still lively (if slightly grey)
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile
You need to add birth defect red. Even if it's only used on a noble lady.
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile
I'm not familiar with the color and couldn't find a photograph, would you mind describing?
A mistake is a mistake.

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile
Red hair, actual red hair, is a birth defect, most likely to occur in Irish and inbred people (hence the nobility).
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart
my friend has electric blue hair  :D

Offline Bouzolf

• I'm a Quebecer, i like pink and I'm 14 years old.
    • View Profile
    • My PJ Galery
Than, your friend won't play this game.  :P
My English is poor, sorry about that..

Offline TrevoriuS

• Pixels... everywhere!!
    • View Profile
but I also took out the highlights? the trans background is just how it got saved this time - it's an animated gif going from white to dull.

Still not enough?

This is quite funny, because the last time I looked (and I ame ABSOLUTELY sure of that) either my browser displaying or the loading of the image faield, and I just saw the old image on a transparant background

Now I looked at the image again, and saw it animated into a better version - then I read this post, so to make sure you keep it, it is very good now =)

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile
I thought there was a gene for red hair, but i guess you mean RED (like no golden shine, but just RED?)

with a dark(black), another dark (brown), inexcusably red hair, and a "cappuccino cream" i've got my 4.
A mistake is a mistake.

Offline cave

• Strawberries! :3
    • View Profile
    • Colocada
Red hair, actual red hair, is a birth defect, most likely to occur in Irish and inbred people (hence the nobility).

If we start classifying things as birth defects just because they are a result of closed breeding, then we might as well say that being Japanese is a birth defect.

Now on topic: I think Adarias' pallete can't work with a 100% black or red, the colors are subdued and muted. Reminds me a little of Ragnarok Online. I think you should definitely add non-natural hair colors like lavenders, blues, greens and pinks. More customization options are never a bad thing. Nobody wants to have a twin in-game. If you need ideas for different hairdos I can come up with a few :3
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 04:35:15 pm by cave »

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

If we start classifying things as birth defects just because they are a result of closed breeding, then we might as well say that being Japanese is a birth defect.

Now on topic: I think Adarias' pallete can't work with a 100% black or red, the colors are subdued and muted. Reminds me a little of Ragnarok Online. I think you should definitely add non-natural hair colors like lavenders, blues, greens and pinks. More customization options are never a bad thing. Nobody wants to have a twin in-game. If you need ideas for different hairdos I can come up with a few :3

yeah....we just aren't doing really unnatural hair colors.  It might be a bad call on our part but I personally just plan hate them.  Fil's writing a system that won't produce the same style and color hair if it is already present, so we avoid obvious twinnies, and if possible im going to try to get him to make it not even have the same shape......there are usually at most 6 mercenaries on a team (not story characters or constructs, which have unique portraits) and split between two genders, so i think we can manage to avoid in-battle twins.

Also, nobody will have the same features as Roarc (the hero).  Though you are able to choose him a look from much of the library (with "older" styles like grizzled beards and wrinkled faces and big warty noses being locked - he is 17 at game start), MOST of his styles (hair color hair style nose eyes mouth) will be taken out of the pool as soon as he is made.  For the nitpicky, note of course that his skin color and eye color are not locked, as these are hardly unique enough for us to care.

If enough people whine about it, we might have an option that allows another 8 colors (with all your blue and green and ugly nonsense) for the anime people to enjoy, but i'm not intentionally making a game with strange hair.

This is not by any means impossible, in many games the humans stick to fairly natural colors.  The final fantasy series almost never includes strange hair color since the old days (when it was more about color counting and differentiation on a 16x24 sprite), nor does the suikoden series (or for that matter, most konami games).  I don't see this as being a problem.

What's hard for me to understand is that 99% of games reuse the same 6 people over and again, but people always suggest that I add more customization options >.<.

I've mentioned that so far as we know, this game is PURELY single-player, right?  It's not an MMO!
A mistake is a mistake.