AuthorTopic: [WIP] Partisan Tactics Battles : Animations, woah  (Read 243431 times)

Offline huZba

• MekaSkull
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19396.htm
    • huzba
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP] Partisan Tactics Battles : RRRAAARRRGGGGHHHH!

Reply #370 on: August 20, 2007, 02:50:40 pm
Go easy on the you-got-anime-disease gun, thanks. I don't draw this kind of characters often, much less ones with big ass hair. It was covered by 3 people already, though i appreaciate the effort. I'll take it to OT creativity thread from here for the sake of studying faces more, cause i do have quite a lot to improve on.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #371 on: September 02, 2007, 09:47:39 pm
Random mini-update :

I'm really not setup for hardcore pixelling yet, as my mouse has not arrived and I am still getting used to pixelling by touch-screen, but I just thought this was a bit of fun :

Bleach fans should know this guy right-off.  He might turn up in-game for an optional quest, or he might just be a for-fun doodle.  Being a non-commercial endeavor consisting of entirely self-produced work on licensed programs, I don't think we can get chewed out for such caricatures in our project, but if we can, let us know!
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline JonathanOfDrain

• Lonely
    • View Profile
    • TheyWillEat.Us

Reply #372 on: September 02, 2007, 10:18:43 pm
Adarias, I love the style of these sprites (would love to see that face finished up) and this little guy is great. Only complaint is the hair color. It's probably accurate the main character of bleach but doesn't fit the rest of him very well. Desaturate and darken it a little... maybe?

Offline Sabata

• View Profile
    • TownsLife

Reply #373 on: September 02, 2007, 10:35:46 pm
Hmm... nice, coping the style :P
Need to learn more that style, so I can do that too.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #374 on: September 02, 2007, 10:38:30 pm
Adarias, I love the style of these sprites (would love to see that face finished up) and this little guy is great. Only complaint is the hair color. It's probably accurate the main character of bleach but doesn't fit the rest of him very well. Desaturate and darken it a little... maybe?

first - thank you!

second - I probably will end up doing something along those lines because it does stick out, but part of the character is that it is a really unnatural, obnoxious color (he gets made fun of it constantly and the title "Bleach: is said to be a joke on his hair), so if it's out-of-place in that sense only i may as well just leave it as a character trait.

Hmm... nice, coping the style Tongue
Pardon?
A mistake is a mistake.

Offline yueprofile

• View Profile

Reply #375 on: September 03, 2007, 12:14:09 am
i think he said "copying"
I want to learn this too  :P

Offline Sabata

• View Profile
    • TownsLife

Reply #376 on: September 03, 2007, 01:38:15 am
Oh, yea my mistake... what I mean is that I like your style so I am taking that as reference to learn from. ;)

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #377 on: September 03, 2007, 03:37:06 am
oh alright, if you are really interested I believe there were some step-by-step images at some point, or at least the wire frame constructions.  Basically this is my own idea of what looks good plus input from this forum and fil_razorback, but it has enough of the brandings found in all rpg sprites that studying any set will lend itself to your betterment.  Oddly enough, these began as my "I want to create an isometric character that is not chubby or rigid" and yet somehow managed to end up right back at chubby :P
A mistake is a mistake.

Offline Sabata

• View Profile
    • TownsLife

Reply #378 on: September 03, 2007, 12:37:59 pm
I have pretty good skills at spriting (at least I believe so) so I will be taking a close look at colours and shading, this is the hardest part foe me yet. :-[
The outlines are easy.
Strange that I’ve been doing sprites for 2 years and I still have problems whit shading.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #379 on: September 03, 2007, 02:10:52 pm
hah, problem with shading is no stranger to anyone, you can work for 200 years and still occasionally second-guess yourself :P
A mistake is a mistake.