AuthorTopic: [WIP] Partisan Tactics Battles : Animations, woah  (Read 243273 times)

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday
I like Meton. Sounds hard and heavy, (Metal+ton) seems fitting for the crab.
I, too like Olor. The two o's have a nice curvature to them. Makes the word seem almost graceful, 'specially if you do it in a nice font. Then again, it is just one letter away from both color and odor, so...

Offline Alevice

• View Profile
    • DevArt gallery
Actualy, olor means odor/smell in spanish. The swan could throw stink bombs or something.  :lol:

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile
Names can change at any time before release, we'll make those decisions later.  right now it's easier for me to go with the current list since it's already in the concept sheets :P

few characters.  the one with the patterned cape needs work, i'll be getting to him.  there's something very strange up with the palette that i need to look into.

first row - roarc c1, roarc c2, roarc c3, roarc c4 (we need to chose one of these designs! I really liked the red one, the first one i did, until my friend looked over and said, is that delita?  and suddenly im like shit, the design is almost identical....), darius, masked man
second row - paris (shooter), minerva (pirate), guild/emtc officer (they handle investments), guild/emtc guard (they are on board ships later in the game to help the simple sailors), jimenez (merchant prince and enemy), imperial man-at-arms (enemy)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 11:23:48 pm by Adarias »
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline I Am Uh

• I feel... Saturated to some degree, out of tone.
    • View Profile
Still kinda ambivalent about it though, since ii don't like is the fact that it adds a lot of colors to bg. that imo looks "busy" enough as it is.

hmm, yeah that's something for me to keep track of.  Fil might be able to put in a limited palette sos i could simplify it, but that might be trying too hard to not pixel.

in the meantime, what goes well with robot crabs?  robot swans of course.  here's Cygnus model:

+ = <3

Correct me if I'm Wrong but it almost looks like the swan is in a different view than the crab it looks like a more top-downish view.
They say evil prevails when good men fail to act. What they oughta' say is...
Evil prevails.
 - Yuri Orlov, (Nicholas Cage) "Lord of War"
Mother is God in the eyes of a Child...  - Rose Da Silva (Radha Mitchell) "Silent Hill"

Offline TrevoriuS

• Pixels... everywhere!!
    • View Profile
I suspect you misread the figure of the swan.
You see, the darker blue on the mid-left side is its chest, with the green above it its eyes, the blue above that its head. Then on the bottom are 2 wheels (dark grey) covered by a lighter blue wing. The other wing is hidden. It is most definately the same view.

Offline I Am Uh

• I feel... Saturated to some degree, out of tone.
    • View Profile
I suspect you misread what I was trying to imply. :-\

Take second look and maybe you'll see what I mean.

They seem to be two different types of Isometric.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 01:56:54 am by I Am Uh »
They say evil prevails when good men fail to act. What they oughta' say is...
Evil prevails.
 - Yuri Orlov, (Nicholas Cage) "Lord of War"
Mother is God in the eyes of a Child...  - Rose Da Silva (Radha Mitchell) "Silent Hill"

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile
im more inclined to agree with I Am Uh (on perhaps a less exaggerated level), although i appreciate the discussion :P.

will address a bit in edits when i find the time.  the solution to the problem is probably to use legs, not wheels.
A mistake is a mistake.

Offline TrevoriuS

• Pixels... everywhere!!
    • View Profile
I suspect you misread what I was trying to imply. :-\

Take second look and maybe you'll see what I mean.

They seem to be two different types of Isometric.
See what the difference between slightly less than 2:1 isometric and 2:1 isometric, as opposed to the difference of a topdown view and 2:1 isometric view. The fact you called it topdownish confused me, regardless of that, it indeed is at a different angle , but I do not think more of the top is revealed, I think they're just rotated differently - which is wrong I will not tell, as I can not see by eye this easily.

Offline Faceless

• View Profile
Move the back wheel further back along the z-axis and your problem will be solved. :y:
I'm really digging the black girl with the big hair. She's much cleaner than some of the others.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile
Move the back wheel further back along the z-axis and your problem will be solved. :y:
I'm really digging the black girl with the big hair. She's much cleaner than some of the others.

yeah, putting out roarc's different chapters really called attention to a few things, that being one of them.  There's at least two completely different types right now - clean (minerva as you mentioned, and most of the older and newer ones) and busy (a sort of middle range reaching from after completing the first wave of designs to before i redid the girls), and theres sort of a "second and a half" type which is just lacking polish.  something to work on!

remember of course that all that's shown here is the idle south sprites.  once animation gets laid out they will sorta be assembly-lined to a smooth, uniform finish.  i wont be sacrificing anything i don't think, just working faster and more methodically.
A mistake is a mistake.