AuthorTopic: [WIP] Partisan Tactics Battles : Animations, woah  (Read 241233 times)

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile
Haha I was going to reply the colours of the new ones are -perfect-. And then I read your comment below it.
I think you made a really great colour choice though.

I don't much like the green/orange-pink combination a lot of games use, to me it always looks like it takes using a minimum amount of colours too far and just ends up with a nauseating blend of foliage that never quite decided what colour it wanted to be. The colours you chose however seem more natural and light to me, much nicer. You can see the difference I mean in the left corner next to the house. I much prefer the whole-green plants over the slightly orange-pink tinted ones, and then especially in this colour. Making them lighter than before somehow adds to the game a little? More enchanting? Might just be how it's projected on to me though.

well im still not 100% certain, but you've convinced me enough to just move on :P

for those who have been wondering this whole time, here is a slate with the planned hair colors:

some need tweeking more than others, particularly the towhead, but yeah, that's the gist of it
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 07:36:27 pm by Adarias »
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart
the white highlights don't work on the dark ones.. (the 3 in the bottom row particularly)

Offline TrevoriuS

• Pixels... everywhere!!
    • View Profile
The red, brown and grey as mentioned above, and the lighter brown right above the middle of those above mentioned three.
For the dark red and light brown I would suggest not taking out the white, but making it blend in better in some way which I'm afraid you must make up yourself cause I haven't got a clue except adding colours.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile
any better ?
A mistake is a mistake.

Offline TrevoriuS

• Pixels... everywhere!!
    • View Profile
a bit on the light brown and dark grey, but different background doesn't do enough I'm afraid.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile
but I also took out the highlights? the trans background is just how it got saved this time - it's an animated gif going from white to dull.

Still not enough?
A mistake is a mistake.

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile
Haha, I spent 4 minutes switching between the two images of it before I realized one was animated.
New highlight looks good, but could still use a few points less on the brown hair. Every other one looks great.
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile
consider it done!

oh and i nearly forgot - if anybody here wants a haircolor they don't see, or if they think there's one that someone else might really want, chime in now before fil gets it all coded and have to go back and mess with things the hard way!

there's no limit of course but if i'm adding any i'm adding 4; i like numbers that are powers of 2 or that just have tons of factors (my scale is really 8 12 16 24 32 48 64 96
A mistake is a mistake.

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website
what's with really dark black?
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Faktablad

• grow
    • View Profile
    • Couchpixel
I suggest adding a really dark brown or black, cuz I know a lot of people may want to match their own hair color.  Have you considered more unnatural hair colors or is that too anime for you?