AuthorTopic: Surfer girl [wip]  (Read 2441 times)

Offline btwLei

• View Profile

Surfer girl [wip]

on: November 23, 2011, 08:22:20 am
Greetings! I was hoping I could get some additional insight on my small piece. I'm just a beginner, and it would be very helpful.
This has been posted on pj as well, you can see the progress here http://www.pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13393

Without further ado, here's the 2nd-to-newest one:

and the latest:

I've had someone comment that the breasts are too huge so I was trying to change that. I definitely did not intend to do that, or even outline each breast individually, so some help in that aspect would be great as well. Thank you, and have a nice day! ^^

Offline Basketcase

• View Profile

Re: Surfer girl [wip]

Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 12:10:27 am
Salutations!

I see repeated instances of perfect 45 degree lines, making it look less natural. Not necessarily a negative, mind.

I suggest AA to smooth some single-pixel-width parts:
-the swimsuit bottom,
-hair on the left
-board rope

Distant stuff on the beach, except for the trees and parasol, looks mysterious. Two coconuts and an old man sitting in a floaty-ring wearing sunglasses? That's how my brain filled in the gap. Those 4 dark pixels appear noisy.

I was going to suggest more contrast on the cloud, to bring out that cool curly detail. But on my other monitor it's perfectly visible already. Dunno which monitor is displaying my colours 'correct'...

Cause the pirate ship is so close to the horizon, you might want to make it look faded out, due to that air/mist effect. Would also mean you could just have a silhouette there. The details are tough to make out as it is (low contrast).
To do: ??? Cow made my lovely avatar.

Offline Fickludd

• View Profile

Re: Surfer girl [wip]

Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 10:05:00 am
Hey pretty cool - nice clouds and some good lines on the the girl.

Small edit:

- The hair color ramp was too cramped so spread it out a bit
- Reduced background influence by lightening stray dark pixels and coloring the ship
- Attemped to fix the front knee

What's the deal with posting as double resolution? clicking will zoom, shift-click unzoom =)