AuthorTopic: [C&C] Kain's Semi-Naked Templates II : Battle Animation  (Read 4870 times)

Offline Kain Nobel

• View Profile

[C&C] Kain's Semi-Naked Templates II : Battle Animation

on: November 12, 2011, 02:39:26 pm
Hello again! This is a continuation of my semi-naked templates series, but I started a new thread to avoid clutter. Yes, time to once again exit my comfort zone and go into some animation, and now the fight is getting personal! This is what I'm working with right now...

I botched the sword attack animation, I don't know the secrets to making it flow naturally. Whats most mind boggling is trying to make a two hand attack like that, and perhaps I guess I just need to break out of my 64x64 frame limit. I suppose the whole "run up, hit the enemy, run back" thing looks dorky, perhaps I'll give them a slide approach, Mega Man X style.

If its not apparent, I'm going to attempt to keep the same general proportions from my earlier templates series. But yeah, I could definitely use some C&C on these W.I.P. frames!

Offline milleja46

• View Profile

Re: [C&C] Kain's Semi-Naked Templates II : Battle Animation

Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 02:48:39 pm
Well that's pretty good, but to make the sword part feel right speed it up just a tad and add a swoosh to it ;) i'm no animator on this case but i've watched it in many 2d games ;)

Offline Wes

• View Profile

Re: [C&C] Kain's Semi-Naked Templates II : Battle Animation

Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 08:32:19 pm
Hey Kain

There's something really weird going on with that run cycle, man. It looks like it's animated backwards. imo that's the biggest thing getting in the way of a more detailed critique (and maybe if you could let it cycle through the walk a few more times so we could get a better feel for it).

When he walks holding his sword, it could bounce a little bit.

It's also pretty jerky. I mean the whole thing is jerky but I take it that's because of XP's frame limit (that can be increased with some RGSS, it might be worth it for something this big).