AuthorTopic: 15 Sprites.  (Read 3343 times)

Offline Meta|Fox

• Im full of candy!
    • View Profile

15 Sprites.

on: May 26, 2006, 08:55:18 am
Hrm. just found this place, looks like pixelation was reserected after all. good stuff  ;D

anyway heres some iso sprites i made template and all. these are my first people sprites so, yeah.
edit:

2 templates, Boy, Girl, Ed (off full metal alchemist), Knight, Magician, Bandit, Palidan, Skeleton, Zombie, Girl, Farmer, Wizard, Witch.

What do you think?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2006, 03:23:33 am by Meta|Fox »

Theres a Gremlin in My Computer!

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Re: 15 Sprites.

Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 02:17:43 am
I'd say the templates are cool, aside from the back of the heads, which are oddly bent inward, but the colored ones are oddly staticy and cluttered.
The farthest foots (improper grammar, aye) are pointed towards the viewer too much.
The 1st armored knight is pillowshaded, gratiented, and has too low contrast.
The sleketon also needs more contrast.

You should try to eliminate the black lines within the sprites, as they make them look even more cluttered.

Good job for yer first peeps. Hope I helped. If ya want me to elaborate, just ask.

Offline Meta|Fox

• Im full of candy!
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: May 27, 2006, 03:22:20 am
Edit:

Ok I just about halfed the number of colours in the sprites (i think its around 23 now) and i Tried to fix the feet, though i personally think they looked better before. Im not really sure how to go around getting rid of the black lines. also Xion, I dont really know what you mean where you say "static" but thank you for the feedback. ( oh and i added more contrast to the knight and the skele)

Theres a Gremlin in My Computer!

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #3 on: May 27, 2006, 04:20:18 am
i think one of the main problems is the template itself, you should have an easier to use and understand template, basically a nude blank person. this will help you with shading, currently everything is a bit of a mess, with too much contrast in some areas and too little contrast in others, colour selection is okay, the skin colours are good albeit a bit generic like almost every snes game, but theres some wierd choices also, like the greenish yellow hair and the bright blue hair.. infact nearly every colour looks like it was based off the mspaint default colours..

well, I had a go at tweaking the template and had a little go at remaking your first character. take away what you will ;)
Life without knowledge is death in disguise