AuthorTopic: Halo, Advance Wars-style  (Read 3468 times)

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Halo, Advance Wars-style

on: May 26, 2006, 04:31:10 am
As usual any feedback/paintovers much appreciated, I've only worked at this size a few times before, lots of weird challenges down here!  Featured are the warthog, scorpion, and cobra tanks:

I pushed the colors and designs a little toward the satured and SD angle to make them more recognizable, but maybe I went overboard?

Thanks!

Offline G_Dragon

• View Profile

Re: Halo, Advance Wars-style

Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 04:56:48 am
First of all, I'd like to say how much I love your work. And while I'm on the subject, how do you do the uv mapping on your models?

And onto the sprites! Personally, I think that the angle is fine, and the saturation is a bit over saturated. If this was a gba mockup, or a copy of the Advanced Wars colour then that would be fine. So, I think that you can get away with desaturating the colours a bit on the vehicles. Other than that, awsome job!

Offline JWW

• One unbroken chain
    • View Profile
    • IamJakeWW

Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 05:45:04 am
oh these are sweet.  I like the current amount of saturation,  I think it will show up very nicely in a game. Make more ;)

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 07:25:37 pm
Thx for feedback guys.  I use Wings3D for all my lowpoly stuff, and photoshop for spriting/texturing.  Will crank a few more units when I get time!