AuthorTopic: [WIP] Out of Ammo  (Read 7752 times)

Offline Mesmerise

• View Profile

[WIP] Out of Ammo

on: November 12, 2011, 08:35:58 am
I have been lurking around the forums for a while and i guess it's time to ask for some help.  So OoA is the game in the making and most objects and buildings are just a simple 5 color palette.  Just need some tips of what to fix and what not(It's top down perspective).

Offline Basketcase

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Out of Ammo

Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 02:39:30 am
This stuff is cool, dunno why you haven't had any replies! What genre is the game? Would like to see some mocked-up areas, to get a better impression of how the elements fit together.
To do: ??? Cow made my lovely avatar.

Offline e4r

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 05:38:10 pm
This stuff is cool, dunno why you haven't had any replies! What genre is the game? Would like to see some mocked-up areas, to get a better impression of how the elements fit together.

It's a Zombie Shooter RPG. I'm also workin on it aswell with Mes. Sorry for the late reply, REALLY late reply lol.

Offline xanthier

• I need a lightsaber!
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 08:26:37 pm
Hey, isn't this the same game as that other post? The one that actually says zombie in the title. 

The game looks fun enough, I like the simple clean style you've got going here.

I'm not a big fan of the black selout myself. When working that small it can take away. A lot of grays going on here, not a whole lot of texture or highlights either.  It's like you the base color and have shadows but no highlights.  Another thing, I know that certain liberties are taken with perspective, but I think it's take a bit too far here.  In this case, the basketball hoop poles just look way too long for a top-down perspective. It ends up looking really strange and clashing in my opinion. try and make them more proportional to the guy. 
For this, a long time have I waited.

Offline UPD4T3

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 09:50:53 am

Also apart of this time, figured it was about time to ressurect this post since we weren't getting much feedback.
We've been on break for a while, got back into the swing of things, would like some critique on, edit if you wish.

Offline Mesmerise

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 11:13:29 am
Hey, isn't this the same game as that other post? The one that actually says zombie in the title.  

The game looks fun enough, I like the simple clean style you've got going here.

I'm not a big fan of the black selout myself. When working that small it can take away. A lot of grays going on here, not a whole lot of texture or highlights either.  It's like you the base color and have shadows but no highlights.  Another thing, I know that certain liberties are taken with perspective, but I think it's take a bit too far here.  In this case, the basketball hoop poles just look way too long for a top-down perspective. It ends up looking really strange and clashing in my opinion. try and make them more proportional to the guy.  

It's not the same as the other one haha.

The selout really is distracting i understand that but i feel like that it needs to stand out much more than all of the environment.  I understand the situation with the basketball hoop too, i'll be fixing it now.  Anyways here is the base update.  

I apologize for such a long time to reply.

over head back hand

back hand

stance walk

Strong kick

charge punch

dead

hand slam

left hook

fast kicks

right hook

run

side kick

uppercut

walk

Zombies
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 11:21:10 am by Mesmerise »

Offline kriss

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 12:24:48 pm
realy great combat stance : i supposed you have defined yet keyboards/pad controls for all the moves !

we won't use any stick/club or axe to fight zombies?

what are you thinking about a knee attack like double dragon ?
see 5th and 8th lines of this picture : http://sdb.drshnaps.com/objects/7/973/Sprite/DDA_Stage1Enemies.gif

what is the difference in play between stance walk and walk?

i'm thinking the centaur's tail could be better, more like a scorpion like this
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 12:33:03 pm by kriss »

Offline UPD4T3

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 04:22:40 am
realy great combat stance : i supposed you have defined yet keyboards/pad controls for all the moves !
Yeah, we have the control scheme all set-up for the most part. Our model is "River City Ransom" meets zombies, haha.

we won't use any stick/club or axe to fight zombies?
Yes, there will be. We just didn't get around to weaponry yet. My focus is trying to get all the turfs together. I definitely love animating the base though, and I'll probably be adding more attacks as we go along; Weapons will be added.

what are you thinking about a knee attack like double dragon ?
see 5th and 8th lines of this picture : http://sdb.drshnaps.com/objects/7/973/Sprite/DDA_Stage1Enemies.gif
It's possible. I have a few attacks that haven't been animated yet, in mind.

what is the difference in play between stance walk and walk?
It's more of a "battle ready" position. Either it'll be activated when hostiles are nearby, or something else. Not quite sure, haha.

i'm thinking the centaur's tail could be better, more like a scorpion like this

Me too, haha. I had Mesmerise draw up the Centaur, the others are my design.

Updated it a bit. If I don't really get any feedback on this I'll probably move on. I'm definitely not satisfied with the fence, hah.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 04:49:26 am by UPD4T3 »

Offline UPD4T3

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: July 15, 2013, 11:38:38 pm
Chaorace and I will be posting our "previews here"

I've been working on the sewer most of the day, on and off between Skype'ing and melting like a popsicle.

** The excess of the character base is to test the contrast. Some tweaks be needed.

Ignore the tiling for now, after seeing it for so long I wish I could reach through the screen and choke it, hah.

I need some feedback. I'll post the tiles sooner or later.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 11:41:36 pm by UPD4T3 »

Offline UPD4T3

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: July 17, 2013, 04:17:54 am