AuthorTopic: GR#078 - Generic Soldiers + Tiles  (Read 13251 times)

Offline jams0988

• View Profile

Re: [C+C] generic soldier + tiles

Reply #10 on: November 13, 2011, 05:13:05 am
As a New Englander, I think I'm allowed to ask "what kind of sick person *prefers* Winter weather over Summer?!" ;P
Also, you didn't change the coloring of the soldiers in your edit, which might be a factor behind why I prefer the original one.

Offline Fickludd

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: November 13, 2011, 08:55:16 am
@Mahan: It's pretty cool how you turned the scene into nighttime. It's not what i had in mind though, and I also think you need to change the soldier coloring for it to work.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 08:31:19 pm by Fickludd »

Offline Fickludd

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: November 14, 2011, 08:31:28 pm
After messing and failing with Tiled's automap feature (God that was confusing!), I gave up and made a mockup by hand.

I'm happy with the walls and roads, but the sewers and cracks don't work so well. Help anyone?

Offline Fickludd

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: November 24, 2011, 09:09:47 pm
After seeing StevenM's recent awesome 8-bit mockups I had to revisit my tileset to try to achieve something similar... tadaah:

Yeah the tiled floor are almost identical to Steven's, but they where so genious I had to use them! This style rocks btw, anybody know of any good games using similar techniques? C+C welcome as always.

Offline PypeBros

• Pixel Padawan
    • PypeBros
    • View Profile
    • Bilou Homebrew's Blog.

Reply #14 on: November 25, 2011, 09:33:58 am
wow. outstanding difference, imho. Just don't forget to check your soldiers pop out on these tiles as well.

As for the "tiled dust", It reminds me of StarOcean-BlueSphere on GBC for which there used to be a "commercial critique" thread around.

Offline Fickludd

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: November 27, 2011, 09:37:39 pm
Thanks!

oh yeah, found the commercial critique thread, that's a pretty cool game. Used some of their ideas to further improve the tiles.

Added soldier + tank, and pushed saturation way up. Cool? Partial outline or no outline? I'd prefer not to need the outline, but I suppose this is one of those function over form situations.