AuthorTopic: help with learning pixel art  (Read 9994 times)

Offline milleja46

• View Profile

Re: help with learning pixel art

Reply #20 on: November 10, 2011, 03:41:30 pm
Well i know i should learn the basics which i in a way have...i'm just trying to get the shading and such right to make things look right especially palletes...if you think i'm too far down for a beginner what should i be working on to get better?

Offline jams0988

• View Profile

Reply #21 on: November 10, 2011, 04:54:55 pm
I'd suggest doing some non-pixel-art. That helps me, at least. If you can't draw it on paper, you definitely won't be able to draw it in MS-Paint, right? XD
If you're looking for simple things to pixel, start with basic shapes, maybe? Spheres, cylinders, and such. Again, if you can't pixel those nicely, you don't have much chance at doing something more complex like a tree or something like that. Starting super basic and working your way up is probably the fastest way to learn...
Then again, it's probably also the most boring way, too. Do whatever suits you, heheh.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 04:56:37 pm by jams0988 »

Offline milleja46

• View Profile

Reply #22 on: November 10, 2011, 04:59:24 pm
Ahem...gimp

But yea i get what you're saying...i can draw some of it on paper but it's the getting it right in the computer that's the problem to make sure it comes out right with shading and such because half the time i tend to contrast the colors too much or don't practice as mcuh as i should but i've really got to check out those links metioned from deviant(though have to wait till i'm since though the comps here have gimp i can't access deviant because they block that for some odd reason  :ouch: )

Offline toaster

• View Profile

Reply #23 on: November 13, 2011, 06:44:47 pm
I'm not nearly as good as other people on this forum, but I tried to do an edit on your princess sprite. I think you should try making her stand a little more natural, lik a human instead of a robot:

I hope you can use my advise. :)

Toaster

Offline milleja46

• View Profile

Reply #24 on: November 13, 2011, 11:41:42 pm
Yea that's what i'd been trying to do on paper before i loaded it up to the computer again...i've still alot of learning to do but that princess sprite will probably get a 2 month break until i finish my class project based on the lost colony of roanoke