AuthorTopic: rpg tileset  (Read 4512 times)

Offline Batzy

• Huzzah....
    • View Profile
    • GameBros

rpg tileset

on: November 02, 2011, 08:33:24 pm

Offline jams0988

• View Profile

Re: rpg tileset

Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 04:54:07 pm
What's with the creepy faces guarding your pixel art? XD
The ones I think work the most are the fence and floor boards on the bottom left. The ones I think need the most improvement are the shrub (or tree?) and the wooden wall down towards the bottom. I'm not sure about the color choices for the shaded areas of the beds blankets...they kind of look like jpeg artifacts, because they're so hard to notice. The bed, bookshelf, and the two things to the right of them are pretty nice looking, though. For the shrub...why is half of it purple and yellow? There are also no visible leaves on it, which give it a weird texture...it kind of reminds me of a cheerleader's pom-pom, heheh.

The fence and boards to the bottom left are my favorite, and look pretty pro. The color choices are nice, and they're very readable. Nothing bad to say about them. =D
Overall, good work, I think. If you put all these in a game as-is, I think it'd be a pretty nice looking game overall, the tree being an exception that needs a bit more work to match the rest of them, I think.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 04:55:48 pm by jams0988 »

Offline Batzy

• Huzzah....
    • View Profile
    • GameBros

Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 05:12:11 pm
Bump

What's with the creepy faces guarding your pixel art? XD
The ones I think work the most are the fence and floor boards on the bottom left. The ones I think need the most improvement are the shrub (or tree?) and the wooden wall down towards the bottom. I'm not sure about the color choices for the shaded areas of the beds blankets...they kind of look like jpeg artifacts, because they're so hard to notice. The bed, bookshelf, and the two things to the right of them are pretty nice looking, though. For the shrub...why is half of it purple and yellow? There are also no visible leaves on it, which give it a weird texture...it kind of reminds me of a cheerleader's pom-pom, heheh.

The fence and boards to the bottom left are my favorite, and look pretty pro. The color choices are nice, and they're very readable. Nothing bad to say about them. =D
Overall, good work, I think. If you put all these in a game as-is, I think it'd be a pretty nice looking game overall, the tree being an exception that needs a bit more work to match the rest of them, I think.

I like the colors myself ty anyway, pretty sure that it's obvious that the tree is wip. Forgot those "creepy faces" there and yes they were just for my own fun hehe.

Offline jams0988

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 12:51:46 am
I like the colors myself ty anyway, pretty sure that it's obvious that the tree is wip. Forgot those "creepy faces" there and yes they were just for my own fun hehe.
Nope, wasn't obvious the tree was a wip, since it was in the middle of twelve finished things. =P
I thought you had some crazy new coloring technique you were trying out with it, hahah. X3
If you like the colors on the bed, then that's fine. I think the new shadow color you picked out for the side of the bed is a bit better, though.
I like the treasure chest, too. =D