AuthorTopic: GR#081 - You Can Design a Kindergarten's Bathroom Pixel Art  (Read 50197 times)

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Re: You Can Design a Kindergarten's Bathroom Pixel Art™

Reply #70 on: November 16, 2011, 05:48:45 pm
Ok.

So, you just plan to use four tiles for each pixel in those 3 original pieces then?

I highly recommend each piece being re-pixelled, taking the new resolution into account. They won't change per sé, just get more detail.

Offline ui

• Venezuela
    • View Profile
    • http://www.iloveui.com

Reply #71 on: November 17, 2011, 04:37:30 am
Hey guys!... woah!!! the new palette is HUGE, jajaja... pretty cool.

Blood, about my art, really thx :D, i was trying to jump a bit out of the cup and trying to do some "patriotic" stuff and some typical childish. About the colors and stuff, it's not really a big deal to me to change the colors in any piece if is needed. In case you REALLY want to include any of my pixels into the wall but some colors don't match with what you have in your head, just tell me, i can denfely change colors, specially now with the new palette, because this project is so cool to be true...

I have been busy, i will try to have something new at double size tomorrow, i really havent checked this in days because i have been busy. Is a shame that they are just 3 walls! :(, would be AMAZING if they can be all those wall you said for the first time. But well, somethimes is just cant be...

Again, mathias... really thx for help on the palette and organizing the stuff :))))) somebody should invite you few beers!!!!...(hope you drink beers) :PPP

keep us up to date Blood, and thx again for giving us the oportunity :)

Offline Cilein

• Pixel <3
    • View Profile

Reply #72 on: November 20, 2011, 03:24:11 pm
Still needing higher resolution versions of the 3 chosen artworks? Double resolution just isn't it? Hadn't been back to this topic in a week or so, sorry about that and many thanks for the interest in my penguin piece, quite honoured :)

Edit/Update:
I recolored my penguin one using the new tile colors (much prettier palette!), both of the below are at the new resolution (4:1 ratio on pixels or 2x), one uses more detail, the other keeps the blockier look from the original sized piece. You didn't say how much you had cropped it by previously so I'll leave that one to you again bloodfart. Auto-printing the tilesets sounds genious, is it expensive to do?

« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 04:43:41 pm by Cilein »
<3 programming and pixels

Offline Bloodfart

• View Profile

Reply #73 on: November 24, 2011, 02:19:55 am
Came in to leave an update.

Sorry but I didn't have time to wait for higher resolution versions of the art though it would've been awesome. The custom printing, and making into sheets takes a week so I had to put in the order quickly or risk having the workers waiting around for it and not having any work to do in the meantime.

Today Is Wednesday here and my wife thinks the tiles will arrive on Friday and we can stick them on the walls on Monday. 

I also didn't have time to go over the pictures and redo the colours to the new palette so I *gulp* let the shop do it for me. I did however go over the pictures and realign many tiles and shapes that were messed up when they rasterized the pictures for their company. I was in a hurry so hope I didn't make many mistakes but I assume there are some. For example when they rasterized some areas turned into 1 or 3 pixel lengths instead of all nicely doubling into 2x2's.

We'll see how it looks soon and I'll try and go get some before and after shots with my DSLR.

Offline Bloodfart

• View Profile

Reply #74 on: December 07, 2011, 12:48:11 pm
First I would like to apologize for the delay since my last post.

My daughter broke her arm and then the internet was being insanely slow and refusing to let me fully upload a a file.

Now I happily present photo proof of complete bathroom tile pixel mosaics!!

http://www.filesavr.com/WW0JYLES47Z0IG4

When the classes are completely clean up and decorated I will post more pictures.

Thanks again for the help you guys have been awesome.

How can i best honor your contributed efforts to completing this project?

Offline jams0988

• View Profile

Reply #75 on: December 07, 2011, 04:47:37 pm
Ahhh, so cool! X3
Good work, everyone!

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #76 on: December 07, 2011, 06:10:08 pm
(Hope your daughter is alright!)

Hey, thanks for uploading and linking to those!

For convenience, I went ahead and compiled them together into the 3 pics you see below. Following are all photos in the ZIP linked above, all scaled down quite a bit.

Looking forward to the next pics you plan to post.

I can't really think of anything further you ought to do. Making the pics available is enough for me.

Offline Phlakes

• View Profile

Reply #77 on: December 07, 2011, 06:33:18 pm
Looks amazing. I may have to do this myself if I can find the time/money.

Offline StaticSails

• View Profile

Reply #78 on: December 16, 2011, 05:12:36 am

Saw this and thought of this thread.

Look at all the ugly automated noise! I prefer this bathroom.

Offline Cilein

• Pixel <3
    • View Profile

Reply #79 on: December 18, 2011, 11:22:40 pm
The link to the zip is dead, could it be rehosted? I'd like a copy of the hi-res files :)

Looking forward to the final shots when the buildings finished. Thank you Bloodfart :)
<3 programming and pixels