AuthorTopic: GR#081 - You Can Design a Kindergarten's Bathroom Pixel Art  (Read 50200 times)

Offline Manupix

• View Profile
    • Pixeljoint gallery

Re: You Can Design a Kindergarten's Bathroom Pixel Art™

Reply #10 on: October 28, 2011, 10:16:30 pm
Well I guess everyone has seen this by now, but just in case ;)

Pixels by Frost.

Edit: oops, useless post. Sorry :(
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 10:35:49 pm by Manupix »

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: October 28, 2011, 10:25:46 pm
Hehe thanks, Manupix. But I've actually linked to the youtube video in Post #7 already.

Offline Cyangmou

• cyangmou
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/32234.htm
    • cyangmou
    • View Profile
    • Pixwerk Homepage

Reply #12 on: October 28, 2011, 11:08:43 pm
Your  attachment is very helpful Mathias.
"Because the beauty of the human body is that it hasn't a single muscle which doesn't serve its purpose; that there's not a line wasted; that every detail of it fits one idea, the idea of a man and the life of a man."

Dev-Art
Twitter

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: October 29, 2011, 12:17:14 am
Edit: oops, useless post. Sorry :(

haha np.

For those participating, please disclose all work done in this thread so everyone knows what's going on.

I would like to do artwork for this, but not all of it.

If you want to grab a wall, post here what wall you're checking out. Keep your color count very low.

All walls should have visual continuity so we need to agree on a palette or at least color count.
We're limited by what actual tile colors are available, though. We may design the walls in greyscale and colorize the artwork with available tile colors later.

I think we simply need to start submitting wall designs to get this moving. Blood will ultimately decide which designs will be chosen.

Offline Bloodfart

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: October 29, 2011, 12:29:52 am
Just woke up to and see your awesome attachment bathroom plans that are much better than the ones i made :P

Quick note: my wife talked to the owner and the 2 small interior walls of bathroom 3 can not be removed as we had thought. So the size of the tiling area will be cut there. I have to go teach a class for 2 hours but when I return i'll post a more detailed explanation.

For now just don't design anything for bathroom 3 until i update the information for it.

All other bathrooms are still ok.

Here is the updated Bathroom 3 info.

http://postimage.org/image/ixq8ev7cr/

Note that the upper portion will not be tiled over and the bottom portion inner wall does not have an exact measurement. The landlord lives very far away and I can't get access to measure or take pictures at the moment.

We have also decided to remove Classroom 1 Bathroom 2 because Bathroom 1 will be large enough to accommodate enough children.

So again, no more bathroom 2, and no more upper portion to bathroom 3.

Edited OP to clarify.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 03:37:29 am by Bloodfart »

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • View Profile

Reply #15 on: October 29, 2011, 06:55:45 am
Sounds like the project just got a bit smaller. You sure you can't tear out the old stuff in upper Bathroom 3 so we can put in all new??? It'll look much better, all matching once all is said and done.

I will update the Guide image and also create an additional Master image, which will be much smaller than the Guide, and have a copy of all approved art that we can go by as canon during this project, to quickly view what's done and what needs done.

Any other changes to the plan that you know of?

-AND-

How many colors max do you think any single should have?
I want to start developing the palette(s) or at least constraints we can go by to keep all artwork feasible to physically tile.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 06:57:26 am by Mathias »

Offline Bloodfart

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: October 29, 2011, 07:20:39 am
This is the extent of the plan so far. If anything comes up I will post soon as i can.

I really don't care about keeping any of the palette or adjacent walls consistent. Think of it a bit like graffiti or a collage. I'd really like various works of art randomly thrown around the space, but if anyone has a cool idea to use a large or multiple space feel free.

About the part of the bathroom that is already tiled: I would like to tear it out and do it like the others and i'll argue the case with my wife, but no guarantees. We are both the business owners and have to agree on things to get them done.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 07:22:29 am by Bloodfart »

Offline Bloodfart

• View Profile

Reply #17 on: October 29, 2011, 07:34:47 am
Np.

You're now going to work on a wall design? Which, where?

I did a ton of legwork for this project today. The information you've given is good, but I wanted to better facilitate the creation of artwork for your walls so I refined and clarified the information. It's funny, not only do I have months of tiling (and wood flooring) installation experience but I also spent 2 years at a big architectural firm, full-time. I've dealt with architectural info 10x more complex.

--THE CHINESE BATHROOMS PIXELIZING PROJECT GUIDE--

Blood, you need to thoroughly proof it, though. Nobody should use it until you've had time to review everything I've done in the above image and approve it, first. Once you've done that, I suggest putting a big fat link to it in your OP to attract help. Artists here will find it very helpful.

Some things:

1) Can we not get the dims of the doors in question? (Affecting walls B, K & N)

2) Can we get the location of all sinks and toilets? (Only Bathroom 1 has them drawn)

3) How high are your walls, from floor to ceiling? 8 feet high, as is the standard in The States?

I should've answered these earlier.

I will start a design for Classroom 1, bathroom 1, wall 2

your questions:

1) We aren't sure of the doorframes we will be using yet, so can't be sure of how much space they take up on the wall surfaces.

2) The toilets and whatnot in the picture provided are NOT final. I think the designer we hired to make the plans just threw them in for show.

3) From floor to ceiling is supposed to be about 240cm

Offline Bloodfart

• View Profile

Reply #18 on: October 29, 2011, 06:02:28 pm
Here is what i've made so far for bathroom 1 wall 2 (C).

http://postimage.org/image/rkz9az7yj/

I'm trying to make gamey hills and land framing the characters in the picture. Possibly the frame is too thick though it may turn out better if i can add another character or animal though I can't think of what else could go in.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 06:11:27 pm by Bloodfart »

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • View Profile

Reply #19 on: October 29, 2011, 11:41:41 pm
Let's hope the guide pic doesn't have to change anymore. We need to be able to rely on it.

--UPDATED PROJECT GUIDE--

I also have the art master, version 1, ready.

--ART MASTER 01--

As for your progress shot, I was hoping you'd let us fulfill the art and design needs for this project. Your role would be to oversee all art - approving or disapproving. Also, verifying everything is done to spec, so all chosen art is feasibly tileable.