AuthorTopic: Kim Possible [WIP] [C+C]  (Read 1928 times)

Offline ZorpoxTheConqueror

• View Profile

Kim Possible [WIP] [C+C]

on: November 01, 2011, 04:33:23 pm
I'm interested in creating sprites based on the Kim Possible series, and was really impressed with a lot of the pixel work and animations on this site, so I thought I'd join and see what I could come up with, and see if I could create my own pixel work.  Ideally I would eventually like to create a game, or at least some short animations, but first I want to get my sprites looking better, so I'm looking for some help with my pixel work.

I never really like the sprite on the actual games that have been made, so I'm trying to make my own.  I do really like the style of art and animations in Metroid: Zero Mission, so I started from there trying to figure out how to make stuff.  I started with a simple recolor and edit of Zero Suit Samus, and then from there created my own original sprite, similar size, with some details, that I want some opinions and thoughts on.

Second, since I was planning on having some scenery and stuff, I did a sort of tile sheet of what I would like to do for locations and things, but I know it needs some work.

Also, my avatar pic could probably be better, too, so if there are any recommendations for it, that would be helpful, too.

Anyway, comments and critiques would be helpful in knowing what I'm doing wrong, and what I'm doing right.  I'm looking for the game to still have a cartoony feel, with brighter colors, but I still want it realistic in the sizes of characters-I don't like the sprites created for the actual games, because the heads were too big, and the postures looked funny, so I'm trying to avoid something that looks that way.
Recognizing something is wrong is easy.  Figuring out what it is, and how to fix it is a lot harder.