AuthorTopic: hihi how'd i name this subject  (Read 2223 times)

Offline Batzy

• Huzzah....
    • View Profile
    • GameBros

hihi how'd i name this subject

on: October 20, 2011, 04:09:36 pm
Okay... got this tiny project going on  :D Posting these here since i'm 18 starting from today and no longer underaged hehe

Characters/Enemies:

Tileset:

and to give you some idea how they look together... yea it's an old pic and there are some unfinished stuff don't mention it :D

monk has been animated somewhat ages ago http://www.pixeljoint.com/pixelart/59825.htm
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 09:52:36 pm by Batlorder »

Offline jams0988

• View Profile

Re: hihi how'd i name this subject

Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 05:29:26 am
I like the art style you have going a lot. The colors you're using are super under-saturated for my tastes though, which makes the whole scene look a little dreary and depressing to my eyes. Which is a shame, because your artwork has a lot of character. =D
I went ahead and swapped some colors around for you, to show you what I mean:

My color choices aren't amazing, either, but I think they illustrate my point. Your drawings are good; you should make them pop by giving them lots of contrast! :3
If you're not using Pro Motion for your pixel art, I'd suggest you give it a try. One of the best things about the program is that it allows you to change colors in your scene ridiculously quickly compared to other programs - just eye dropper a color, and then change it with the HSL sliders. Everything on the screen that matches the selected color gets changed in real time while you move the sliders around. It makes choosing colors much easier than with most other programs.

Switching all your colors around for you took me about two minutes, for example. Really neat! =)