AuthorTopic: Indian animation  (Read 3499 times)

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Indian animation

on: October 15, 2011, 07:31:50 am
Here's something I've been working on lately. An american indian animation

Offline Kain Nobel

• View Profile

Re: Indian animation

Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 11:28:07 am
There is a couple instances where I think I might be seeing stray pixels, but that could just be a side effect of going from one frame to the next. Also, you need to work on the part where he jumps high into the air spinning, then lands and does a roll. What happens is you go from the top of the screen to the bottom in one quick instant, its not a smooth transition.

Offline Atnas

• very daijōbs
    • paintbread
    • paintbread
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 01:28:15 pm
@Kain: Stray pixels come from it being a WIP. Also, the jump is fine, sprites are moved in-game, not on the sheet. And when people animate based on in-game movement it usually throws them off because usually the screen centers on the player anyway, so they can't spot frame to frame inconsistencies if they don't keep the position static in the animation.

I think it's beautifully done so far, the only thing that really bothers me is that the feet waggle a lot, if the back foot was more anchored in standing actions (punch and kick) it'd add a whole lot of stability.

Offline Lorath

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 02:11:07 pm
Also, you need to work on the part where he jumps high into the air spinning, then lands and does a roll. What happens is you go from the top of the screen to the bottom in one quick instant, its not a smooth transition.

The second part where he "jumps", he is climbing up a wall and than the "rolling" part on the floor beginns. Open the .img and see the single frames. It all makes sense ;)

Great work, very smooth and i can image a lot of work :)
Keep it up!

So long,
Lorath
A bite from a horse can definitely kill a hornet.

Offline pistachio

• Mostly lurking
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/125138.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 02:23:37 pm
Quick observation: some animations seem exaggerated next to others. It seems out of place, like pairing Scott Pilgrim animations next to those of Prince of Persia. Not sure, but I think it's the nonexistent transition between those frames, or how the limbs seem almost stretched. For me, this is most apparent in the "uppercut" animation, and the "landing" portion of the jumping animation.

Other than that, I agree, it's still rough around the edges and the feet tend to shift around a lot.

EDIT: The "exaggeration" seems to have improved with the latest update however.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 12:47:01 am by pistachio »

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 10:30:34 pm
thanks for the feedbacks, here's an update

adjusted the positioning of the punch anim, also made his feet more flat in the walk anim, and added more detail to other frames.
pistachio, I'm not sure what you mean with the exageration.

Offline Kain Nobel

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 08:36:16 pm
The shading/detail on the loin cloth is barely noticeable, it might look better if you brought the saturation down and adjusted the colors. I see minor issues with the left leg, such as the line separating pants from shoe is missing in one frame. Also, the shading on the lower left leg looks inconsistent through the animation, it shifts around alot, especially when he's swinging his tomahawk.

The animation itself is superb, just needs some last minute TLC.