AuthorTopic: LowPoly motorbike club - "Edge Splitterz MC"  (Read 8808 times)

Offline NineSkulls

• Jedi mind trick WOOO
    • View Profile
    • My Super Awesome Website

LowPoly motorbike club - "Edge Splitterz MC"

on: October 11, 2011, 02:44:14 pm
I just recently discovered this awesome shrine of pixelart and lowpoly, so I decided to go for it and post something of my own too!

I love low poly stuff, pixelart and cool lookin' choppers. Whaddaya get from that?

Low Poly motorbike club, of course!  ::)

So this is my initial version of the biker. I was aiming for Nintendo DS looks (not necessary for the specs of the console, my model might be a tad too "high poly" for it?), and more specifically for the GTA: China Town Wars -kinda look. I am going to revisit the model and make some updates & changes to it, and after that I am going to build some sort of scene around it.

Updates to be made:
  • Re-model the small skull on the rear fender (and texture it correctly, now it seems the be missing the texture for some reason..)
  • Change biker guy's texture a bit, especially his facial area. Might need to remodel the head anyway
  • Remake the club embelem, possibly..? Forgot to add it to the backside of the biker's vest :x

Bike: 385 faces (735 tris) + 128^2 texture

Rider: 186 faces (330 tris) + 128^2 texture

Tools used: Blender + PS.

C&C welcome! I want to know what you guys think of it and how would you improve it?

Originally posted on PolyCount.net (click), and also on deviantart.com (click).
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 03:23:51 pm by NineSkulls »

Offline Jakten

• The Bionic Vapor Boy
    • View Profile
    • Levitating Rocksquatch

Re: LowPoly motorbike club - "Edge Splitterz MC"

Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 02:37:38 am
This is killer man that motorcycle is fantastic.

If I were to nitpick I'd say add a bit more tread to the wheel, you should be able to add it with a repeating texture with out taking up much more space on the texture map. Raise the two dirt shields slightly too maybe cuz the wheel seems to clip though it sometimes.

Do you have the texture maps as well to look at?

Offline NineSkulls

• Jedi mind trick WOOO
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 05:31:19 am
This is killer man that motorcycle is fantastic.

If I were to nitpick I'd say add a bit more tread to the wheel, you should be able to add it with a repeating texture with out taking up much more space on the texture map. Raise the two dirt shields slightly too maybe cuz the wheel seems to clip though it sometimes.

Do you have the texture maps as well to look at?

Thanks for the feedback! Definatelly gonna look into those things you pointed out, especially that one about the fenders. Gonna post the textures later on!

Offline NineSkulls

• Jedi mind trick WOOO
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 09:50:59 pm
Here's an update I posted at polycount (original post)

What, updates you say?

So here is a small but image heavy update. Since no other bikes have yet emerged, I need to push updates for my own one :poly145:

What I did there was that I remodelled biker's head, scarf and hat (just a bit) and gave him a weapon. I also remade his whole texture, which is more nicely packed now than what it was originally.

I also tweaked few vertices here and there for the bike and edited the texture just a bit. You can see that the texture is a bit "loose" but since it doesn't look too bad, I am going to leave it as it is --- for now.

Turntables and animations, WHERE ARE THEY!?

Here.

Riding - Isometric:

Ride 'n' Shoot 'em! - Isometric:

Who's your sheriff, huh? - Perspective:

(» see the other angle here «)

Oh yeah. Low res stuff like this make me go :polytwitch:

Offline skeddles

• I love these emoticons.
    • View Profile
    • Skeddles.com

Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 04:52:13 pm
Love this, the style is so awesome, closer to what I was aiming for with my low poly model. Would be perfect for a game (you're spot on with going for DS style). Nice presentation too, the thick outlines and spinning animation look really cool.  :y:

Oh and the animations are great too.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 05:05:26 pm by skeddles »