AuthorTopic: [WIP] Bioshock 2D Mockup  (Read 6263 times)

Offline lolyogurt

• View Profile

[WIP] Bioshock 2D Mockup

on: October 06, 2011, 01:21:28 pm
Hi there ;D

First of all, sorry for my broken english.
I'm currently woking on a mock-up for the best game I've ever played: Biochock ! If you know a little about the story, It takes place right after the Civil War in Rapture, a year or so after 1959 New Year's Eve. You control Miss Tenenbaum in search of little sisters in a now desolate city. I thought controlling a woman in Rapture could be a nice little change from the last two games ;)

I would like to make 6 tiles, 2 with menu/map, 2 interiors (warm colors, fire and splicers) and 2 with large glasses and a big daddy/lil sis'.
Currently playing with colors and hud, need a few tweaks (especially on the big daddy) but I'll fixed them later. Not sure about electricity plasmid and reflexions on Tenenbaum...

Inspiration for Tenenbaum comes with an earlier model for the game, you can see it on the Bioshock Wiki.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 01:23:06 pm by lolyogurt »

Offline coffee

• JohanAronson
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP] Bioshock 2D Mockup

Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 03:08:11 pm
Im a fan of the Bioshock games aswell, tho the latest one was a bit of a dissapointment imo.

I really like what uve done with it. Simple but still detailed. Good anatomy on Tenenbaum.
If I were you I would keep the style like this and not add anything else. perhaps make the twist of the plasmid a bit more thicker and readable.

Can't really find anything to complain about. Perhaps add just a little more light to Bid daddys left hand.

Looking forward to seeing more from you

Offline lolyogurt

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 03:25:32 pm
Thanks for the kind words coffee ;D Yeah I will fix that hand (it burns my eyes now ahah) and the plasmid later, when I'll be sure about my palette.

Here's today's work, some basic architecture ans a Circus of Values. The vending machine needs some corrections but I'm pretty happy with it already :)

Offline lolyogurt

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 06:12:07 pm
Basic background is done ! I'll add some dirts and debris later :)
Also made the electrobolt icon.

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 10:07:13 am
Looks awesome :-)
Keen to see how it looks with some cracks, leaks, puddles, junk etc

Offline Kain Nobel

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 11:05:47 am
The detail looks awesome, but the colors look too dark and monotone. Just adding a little brightness and maybe a tiny hue shift I suspect would be enough to make it more readable. The dither pattern representing surface light is neat, I like how you applied it.

Offline c-Row

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011, 01:13:41 pm
The perspective of the buildings in the background seems a bit odd to me. Great work on the characters, though.

Offline skeddles

• I love these emoticons.
    • View Profile
    • Skeddles.com

Reply #7 on: November 04, 2011, 06:55:16 pm
hey, avoid using dithering, especially on the sprites, don't be afraid to just add more colors.  :)