AuthorTopic: [WIP][C+C] Kain's Semi-Naked Templates (Maybe NSFW)  (Read 12915 times)

Offline PypeBros

• Pixel Padawan
    • PypeBros
    • View Profile
    • Bilou Homebrew's Blog.

Re: Kain's Bare Naked Template(s)

Reply #10 on: October 12, 2011, 07:18:41 am
I think there's something wrong with the shoulders and chest movement. Chest should follow shoulders. When the left arm is moved forward, the shoulder slightly move forward too, and so will the leftmost chest part. You do the opposite. Ribs is the place where the torsion happens to compensate the opposite twist of shoulder vs hips axis.

HTH.

Offline Kain Nobel

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: October 12, 2011, 02:03:57 pm
An update, hurray! Most of the editing I did this time around was the whole head and neck area, I might've even changed the front chest shading a little bit but I don't remember. Anyhow, the head is approximately a pixel shorter, and a couple pixels less wide, but in turn I brought the chin down a pixel or two which made room for a line representing his mouth. The neck and collarbone area have also been retouched, now you can see a hint of neck anatomy, and you can also see little ear stubs on the side of his front/back head frames too!

@PypeBros: Good observation, in my next revision I'll try my best to apply a subtle change in chest and shoulder movement as suggested. This time I'm not going to have the right-to-left-to-right-etc pattern like I did in the original, so I'll experiment with the 1-pixel-or-so forward with the front stepping leg (or something of that nature.) Thanks for pointing this out, wish me luck!

Edit: Cool, applied a bunch of changes including the recent suggestions made by PypeBros. Too lazy right now to update the top post, so the "current progress" isn't current, but here is a sample I threw together. I was also showing some friends an example of the before and after, so the old sprite is animated next to the newest.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 06:55:03 pm by Kain Nobel »

Offline Kain Nobel

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: October 13, 2011, 01:59:13 pm
Okay, normally I wouldn't double post but this is milestone progress, so please forgive me. In other words, my male is pretty much finished, so I have started on a very rough draft of his female counterpart and could use some C&C big time!

I carefully crafted her from scratch, with the male sprite translucent in the background. I tried my best to make her readable as a female, with less broad of shoulders, lighter shading of the neck, curvature of the breasts and bringing the legs closer together. The belly was surprisingly challenging, it was hard to make her not look like she was pregnant.

The head and face... oh lord, what should I do with them? I can't shrink the head on the female, but its awkward because its the only thing that is the same size on the male. I have little experience with faces and hair (and facial hair, haha), so I'll have to demystify this and see how other games do so much detail with so little.

Offline ABC

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: October 13, 2011, 06:28:43 pm
One thing I noticed immediately was that her mid section is too straight. Not too straight to be realistic, but too straight to have your stereotyped sexy female match your stereotyped strong male.

It should be more like ) . ( than | . | if you get what I mean.

Also, the lower part of her legs are too big IMO.

You could aslo try to move her breasts down one pixel. Make them less like balls and more like pears. ;)

Her arms postition, which works really well with the man, is akward on her. I think just having her arms hang to the side of her body would be alot more natural and feminine.

Also, give her a pair of panties.  :)

Offline Kain Nobel

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: October 15, 2011, 12:11:29 pm
I tried to apply your advice the best I could. The changes I made were bringing the arms in, making the fists into open hands, raising the hips a pixel or two, making the lower legs more slender. I'm pleased with it so far, and the head doesn't look all funky now that she has hair. As far as I'm concerned, unless anybody has something I should go back and redo, these front frames are done.

I've really gotta focus on experimenting with the heads, just to see what kind of details I can get away with. The face is such a small place to work with, I'm not sure how a beard/mustache is going to turn out (on the male, of course.) If I make the head any fatter or taller, it'll probably look weird, so I suppose I just gotta learn how to make due with what I have done so far. I'll study some sprites, see if there are any in the relative size of mine, and practice from there.

Thank you for your input ABC, and thanks to everyone who helped me earlier. Stay tuned folks, there is still more to come in the next few days ;D

Offline Kain Nobel

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: October 16, 2011, 07:11:54 pm
New female frames.

I'm too jaded for the time being to spot any errors, so I could use an extra pair of eyes or so to let me know if anything should be fixed up. I've got more body types and traversal animations planned to go with this series, and I'll try and get some sample characters done eventually. Either way, I'm always open for suggestions and thank you for your time.