AuthorTopic: Caleb's Pixel Art Thread  (Read 6921 times)

Offline Lorath

• View Profile

Re: Caleb's Pixel Art Thread

Reply #10 on: October 06, 2011, 11:01:32 pm

Nevertheless, I, too, love the jumping sword-guy, and it inspired me to try and make something similarly "simple" in style:

Hehe, cute lil fighter ;)
But i would try making his arms move faster. For now he looks like a - I'll call it steady - fighter ^^

And also great job on Caleb - more of them pls  :P

What now goes through my mind: What about a short action scene between two puppets from two manipulators ? ^^
Someone starts with a short movement and the other reacts on it and again the first one reacts and so on.
I dont know, its a little late, need sleep :P

So long,
Lorath
A bite from a horse can definitely kill a hornet.

Offline Charlieton

• awkward dancer
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: October 07, 2011, 10:40:16 am
Hehe, cute lil fighter ;)
But i would try making his arms move faster. For now he looks like a - I'll call it steady - fighter ^^
Yeah, someone else commented on that as well. It really would look better with fewer frames leading up to the blast. I'm going to tweak it some more.

Thanks!
Det skulle vara lätt för mig att säga att jag inte gillar dig, men det gör jag; tror jag

Offline Pixelicious

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: October 19, 2011, 05:26:36 pm
Caleb: This art is phenomenal! you inspire me to try my own hand at minimalistic animation :) Doom main char, April and Bebop are my favourites :D

only "crits" I can offer:
- turtles compilation could be smaller, then it would be easier to read imo.
- I don't like the flash in the sword animation, maybe you could replace it with a big swipe.

Charlieton: that animation is suuper cool.