AuthorTopic: [WIP] Minecraft texture pack tileset  (Read 4314 times)

Offline imnumberfour

• View Profile

[WIP] Minecraft texture pack tileset

on: September 25, 2011, 10:42:12 am
Hello, I know may people consider minecraft tilesets not to be proper pixel art, but I decided I wanted to post some of my 16x16 textures to get CC on.

They are all handmade without using the noise tool. Each texture has it's respective colour pallet on the right hand side of it (just so it's easy to see). I am going for a slightly cartoony, although still realistic, pack.

Stone:

Grass:

wooden planks:

cobblestone (although I decided to make it into large stone bricks):

Bricks:

update:

dirt:

sidegrass:

Sand:

wooden log (with a knot):

wooden log without a knot:

Thanks for looking :3
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 12:07:35 pm by imnumberfour »

Offline imnumberfour

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Minecraft texture pack tileset

Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 02:19:05 pm
Any CC ???

Offline Belial

• intractable
    • View Profile
    • putrefaction

Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 04:47:27 pm
great work. i like it. but since the new adventure update, there are already stonebricks. so you can let cobblestone be cobblestone.  :)

Offline pistachio

• Mostly lurking
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/125138.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: September 25, 2011, 06:36:02 pm
The tiles themselves are good, but need contrast and variations in color. Some of them lack variety outside of colors, or are too similar in appearance/design. Take bricks and planks for example. Even the cobblestone seems like a scaled up version of those two, and the stone tile looks like it could serve as cobblestone (when compared to the default pack). These changes in stylistic direction may turn out confusing to the user.

Dusty's texture pack could be a good point of reference. There are some others I think you might find useful, I.E. Jolicraft or Doku's RPG (there's a 16x version somewhere as well). Unfortunately, good ones are hard to find. (But with our help you might land yourself a spot with them!)

Upon closer inspection these seem to be heavily anti-aliased, using a lot of extra colors. I find it hard to believe all those artifacts were deliberately crafted by hand. :mean: If they were, however, there are quite a few (colors) you could cut down on.

Edit?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 07:14:19 pm by pistachio »

Offline imnumberfour

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 03:18:24 pm
I did them all by hand :) And I will probably make edits sometime soon, i'll keep you posted :3