AuthorTopic: [Filled][Paid]Artist Position at Optional Quest  (Read 4028 times)

Offline OptionalQuest

• View Profile

[Filled][Paid]Artist Position at Optional Quest

on: September 24, 2011, 02:55:43 am
Hey Guys

Optional Quest is looking for a part time 2D artist to help with production. We make high end flash games and I'm looking for pixel, vector or painted works.

Here are the essentials:
Who - Optional Quest is a flash/Android game start up company. Though it was a part time project for me when I first started, I have left my day job (also as a game developer) to work on this full time. We currently have a very advanced engine in as3 and we're ready for rapid game development.

What - We're looking for a reliable artist that is able to work at least 20 hours a week. As an artist working from home, you'll be keeping track of your own hours. We are also very flexible and I completely encourage the artist to have as much control over the artistic design of the game as possible.

When - I can promise at least 20 hours worth of paid work for 4 weeks. Since this is a start up, after the 4 weeks, it will really depends on the company's performance. The first 10 hours will be a trial period, that you will get paid for only if we decide to keep you (depends on the quality and how efficiently you can work since we are paying hourly).

Past games:

Seagull Story:
http://www.addictinggames.com/shooting-games/seagull-story-game.jsp

Chicken Strike: Here's a trailer for a game we just finished (waiting for sponsorship):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFUCJSmRDNc

Here are some screen shots of the game in progress Toilet Hero:

How - Please contact me at lookatmyname [at] gmail [dot] com and send me a sample of your past works, how many hours you think you can work and your desired hourly rate. Thanks!

Matt Han
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 06:54:53 pm by OptionalQuest »

Offline Zenobia

• View Profile
    • Zententia.net

Re: [Paid]Artist Position at Optional Quest

Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 01:24:10 pm
Hi,

The art you posted looks great, but I don't think any artist capable of doing such quality art is willing to gamble 10 hours. You may want to adjust that demand. It should be you taking the risk rather than the artist. At least shorten the trial period to 1 hour in that case; I know I am capable of producing something small, nice and usable in 1 hour so I am sure others could too.

Offline OptionalQuest

• View Profile

Re: [Paid]Artist Position at Optional Quest

Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 02:54:38 am
I want to clarify about the 10 hour test period. I will still pay for those 10 hours (at the rate agreed upon), but I wanted to have the option to opt out of the 20 hours x 4 weeks minimum work promise. I just wanted to make the option of discontinuing work ahead of time.