AuthorTopic: Sephiroth Advent Children  (Read 16745 times)

Offline The Cold Mage

• Allez Cuisine Bitch!
    • View Profile
    • Ice Temple

Sephiroth Advent Children

on: May 22, 2006, 06:01:18 pm

EDIT: fixed the hair.. thanks dhaos... and shortened the sword. a few other minor edits to the part of the coat that drapes behind him too. thanks for the suggestions people. i think i was really able to improve him =)

EDIT 2: fixed everything Dhaos suggested. unfortunately, its still Sephiroth =(
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 12:49:00 am by The Cold Mage »

Offline Lick

• Formerly known as JointJunkie! ;)
    • View Profile
    • yup

Re: Sephiroth Advent Children

Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 06:14:49 pm
Wow cool sprite! There are some things wrong with the legs.. knees in particular and foot. But I love the pose and the hair!!

Good action movie..
my ds homebrew blog! - contact me if you're interested to work with me on a ds game.

Offline Dhaos

• View Profile
    • Crystal Tech Studios

Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 06:22:09 pm
I still think the hair needs work mr. magey one.

Offline miascugh

• Schnitzelfiend
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 07:20:41 pm
ok, this might come off harsh, but i'm not in a wordy mood and will straightly just get to the point: technically solid and the pallette works, though the skin portions could do with a little more contrast, BUT.. the sword is ridiculously long (seriously, c'mon, where would he put this thing, he'd probably lose a finger or two trying to put this thing into a sheath), the waist painfully thin and the torso is way too small either. i mean just look at the thighs, a single one is as thick as the waist itself. if it wasn't for this cramped and stiff sumostance he'd probably squash certain parts (considering the size of his knife though, it might already serve as a compensational means :P). also, the distance from the waistline to the top of the head normally is about equal to the distance from the waistline to the ankle, your legs here almost are twice as long. that the torso isn't big enough also shows at the shoulders, which are broader than the torso actually would allow here. his left shoulder is quite dislocated, hanging in the air. this is not meant to bash you in any way, but really just genuine critique and i hope that you will use it and benefit from it.

just don't let coolness get in the way of logic or reason :P

cheers

Offline Dhaos

• View Profile
    • Crystal Tech Studios

Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 07:32:31 pm
More hairs!

[EDIT]

I could really go crazy with this but I only added one more color to blend better...you could use like two more XD. Some hairs are a bit lump too, I didn't feel like restructring the bends in the hair...anyways have fun.

Offline The Cold Mage

• Allez Cuisine Bitch!
    • View Profile
    • Ice Temple

Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 07:50:21 pm
sephiroth does have a redicuously long sword. depending on the pics the sword is either about as long as he is tall or slightly longer. i think it usually depends on the perspective of the picture. in this rendition i wanted to capture its length and the slight curve on it while making it a little bit bigger at the end to give the illusion of it being tilted slightly forward.

i did some math. based on his profile, Sephiroth standing straight up is 6'1. so if he's bent at the knees a little he won't be that tall. i did a search on the length of the masaumune sword itself. the masaumune is roughly 68 inches which converts to about 5.6 feet. so his sword is slightly less long than he is tall.

sephiroth's design has some weird proportions. he is a tall skinny fellow and the little details on him create some odd illusions.

as you can see the belt that closes his trenchcoat comes up higher up on his waist. and his legs are just really long. =P

Offline miascugh

• Schnitzelfiend
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 08:05:27 pm
i retract my statement in view of your staggering evidence but let me add: what an utterly stupid design :P

jesus, what an ugly design

Offline The Cold Mage

• Allez Cuisine Bitch!
    • View Profile
    • Ice Temple

Reply #7 on: May 22, 2006, 08:21:01 pm
lol, if you can't beat it, hate it XD

*waits for Camus' 7 chapter critique of my sprite*

Offline Dhaos

• View Profile
    • Crystal Tech Studios

Reply #8 on: May 22, 2006, 08:24:10 pm
Lol yeah, I can't wait for that one. *puts out big blinking blue light for camus*

Offline Pawige

• View Profile
    • The Noisy Sanctum

Reply #9 on: May 22, 2006, 08:38:52 pm
I just checked with some quick graffix haxxing and It does look like your sword there is at least a bit longer than it should be, even if he was standing straight up it's a foot or two taller than he is. He also looks a bit too thick in the arms and the hands and feet are a bit oversized. If he were standing the way he is and his upper legs were going back as far as they look like they are he'd would fall over.