AuthorTopic: Zero Suit Samus  (Read 16479 times)

Offline Nitram

• View Profile

Re: Zero Suit Samus

Reply #10 on: May 22, 2006, 08:45:29 pm
I think her right breast comes out to much.

Offline Dhaos

• View Profile
    • Crystal Tech Studios

Reply #11 on: May 22, 2006, 11:48:47 pm
O.o I really like Wayuki's edit...looks more natural. I think I really need to be study posing more u_u. Seems there's quite a bit of work left to do on her. Thanks everybody for the comments and edits. I've been working on her today but I don't think she's quite ready to be shown. All these comments have been really useful to me... seriously.

Offline vedsten

• boo
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: May 23, 2006, 12:09:30 am
Great shit, just started playing Metroid a coupple of days ago to see what all the fuzz was about (i know, i oughta be crusified or something), now i know  :)

Im worthless when it comes to anatomy, so I won't try commenting on that, besides, the only thing bugging me is the black you've used for the right eye/ gun. Tone it down a little, it pops out a tad too much right now.

I love the colors!

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #13 on: May 23, 2006, 12:51:35 am
Wayuki : excellent edit

Offline David

• View Profile
    • I Am Not Original

Reply #14 on: May 23, 2006, 01:08:21 am
Why does she have a gun?

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #15 on: May 23, 2006, 01:26:20 am
nerd time!  hmm and maybe SPOILER TIME too:

"zero suit samus" is from the GBA game "metroid: zero mission" - after completing the portion of the game that is basically a dressed-up, fancified version of the original Metroid game, you unlock an entirely new area - the space pirate mother ship, near a huge chozo temple.  You play the beginning of this area without your suit or even a weapon, though you acquire a very weak pistol shorly afterward.  I think anyways, it's been a while!

Offline David

• View Profile
    • I Am Not Original

Reply #16 on: May 23, 2006, 01:28:52 am
That explains it.

Offline mixxedstuff

• View Profile

Reply #17 on: May 23, 2006, 06:55:07 am
I personally prefer the stance with the hand behind the body- it seems more natural looking. It seems that if the arm should be coming off to the side like that, the shoulder should be slightly more pronounced.

However, this is more true when seeing it how I was seeing it until just recently. I had not realized that the dark spot near her head was a gun ponted towards the screen. At first, I interpreted it as her elbow, with her hand up against her neck. Something like this, just from a different angle.

Just a rough sketch, hopefully it gets the idea across.

Now to get to the rest-
To avoid confusion, let's designate arm out as  [A], and arm in as . All are regarding Wayuki's edit.

On , it could use some improvement on the shading, centering near her upper thigh. [A] seems better in this aspect. In , her leg seems rather big at that location, and lacks definition. It seems almost flat, despite the large reflection. That, or it looks expanded much like a balloon, thanks to the reflection.

Also, on both, the right (her left) eye does look a bit odd when zoomed in slightly. Perhaps using a lighter shade for that is in good order?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 07:25:31 am by mixxedstuff »
This is a signature. What it is for, I have no idea.

Pixelshock

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #18 on: May 23, 2006, 07:58:17 am
Also just noticed the chest lift in Wayuki's edit, with which I cannot agree in that womanly bossoms do not grow magically on collarbones, as far as I know. Original positioning was better (and neither unpleasingly realistic of anything, after all, these look a 100% implant-variety) in my humble opinion. But the twist on the pelvis, the repositioning and reshaping of the thighs is still a very very good edit.

Offline Wayuki

• View Profile
    • Wayuki's Place

Reply #19 on: May 23, 2006, 08:29:19 am
When I tried to pose like that myself, I noticed that it made my upper body lean back a bit, rather than bend over (like in the original sprite). Because of that, the breasts seem much higher up than normal. Though I might have overdone it a little bit on the edit.  :D