AuthorTopic: GR#071 - The Werecrow  (Read 16916 times)

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Re: The Werecrow!

Reply #10 on: September 04, 2011, 05:50:56 pm
The only reason I never AA is because I don't find it fun, or artistical... It's more geometrical, and not fun at all. I don't do anything if I don't find it fun ^^

For those that attempt pixel art and think this way, I have this to say - You're lazy. Your stuff will always be on a lower plane that of your pixel heroes. Good art takes hard work and dedication. If a concept can be fully rendered without serious polishing work put into it, how much merit can it have? Potential wasted.

I honestly thought your werecrow, when you first posted it, was halfway done - shapes all roughed in, things still looking very mirrored, all pixels looking rough, strays needing cleaned. Yet it's on PJ already.

These are only my opinions. But they're principles I live by, too.

Would love to to do a makeover edit of your werecrow, because I love the character, and I think I'd maybe convince you to put a little more work into your stuff, but don't feel I can take the time right now.

(prinny, dood, whuh?  Turn that text in yer sig to a link homey. Last post on yer porty is a quote of your OP, BTW)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 02:05:34 am by Mathias »

Offline RedKnight91

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: September 04, 2011, 06:17:08 pm
For those that attempt pixel art and think this way, I have this to say - You're lazy. Your stuff will always be on a lower plane that of your pixel heroes. Good art takes hard work and dedication. If a concept can be fully rendered without serious polishing work put into it, how much merit can it have? Potential wasted.

I honestly thought your werecrow, when you first posted it, was halfway done - shapes all roughed in, things still looking very mirrored, all pixels looking rough, strays needing cleaned. Yet it's on PJ already.

These are only my opinions. But they're principles I live by, too.

Would love to to do a makeover edit of your werecrow, because I love the character, and I think I maybe convince you to put a little more work into your stuff, but don't feel I can take the time right now.

you're a wise pixel artist, sir  :'(
Bear with my poor english, I'm italian!

Offline Zettman

• Prinny, dood.
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: September 04, 2011, 06:54:06 pm
I just realized something, Red Knight... You're from Italy too? o.o lol.

Mat after reading that you almost convinced me to take myself more seriously, but the more I take pixel art seriously, the more it becomes less of a hobby... I should be spending more time drawing >.< Anyhow, I respect your principles and I think I will edit it as I find more time through the week and repost updates aswell as on PJ.

And I don't know how to turn my signature link into an entire clickable link :/

Offline jams0988

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: September 04, 2011, 09:38:57 pm
^What's the point of a hobby if you're not going to try, though? The more you put into your hobbies, the more they'll give back. Your crow monster is pretty cool looking, and I'm looking forward to seeing him finished. =)

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #14 on: September 05, 2011, 02:07:49 am
. . . the more I take pixel art seriously, the more it becomes less of a hobby... I should be spending more time drawing.

Great idea. Drawing is good. If you don't have the patience for refining PA, I understand. Somehow I have never-ending patience. Most don't.

Keep up the good (but rough-looking!) work.

And jams0988 speaks the truth.

Offline Crow

• Technicanimal
    • View Profile

Reply #15 on: September 07, 2011, 09:19:50 am
I'm usually known as Crow now ^^

Sorry, name's taken :P

I'm liking the piece so far, but I'm having a hard time distinguishing the wings from the rest of the body. Not sure what you could do with them exactly, but I believe you should do something about it. Also, the pose seems a bit strange in general. Are the fists resting on (invisible) ground? They seem to be, but then the feet don't really make sense anymore. They look a tad like he (?) is flying, with the bent knees and everything. Having your arms in such a position while flying seems a bit strange to me though.

Yay, 2^7 posts!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 09:21:33 am by Crow »
Discord: Ennea#9999

Offline RedKnight91

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: September 07, 2011, 10:23:25 am
I'm usually known as Crow now ^^

Sorry, name's taken :P

I'm liking the piece so far, but I'm having a hard time distinguishing the wings from the rest of the body. Not sure what you could do with them exactly, but I believe you should do something about it.

Yay, 2^7 posts!

this should do the trick, adding the dark-red shade he used on the body : )
Bear with my poor english, I'm italian!

Offline Crow

• Technicanimal
    • View Profile

Reply #17 on: September 07, 2011, 11:22:16 am
That's a start. Definitely makes it more readable.
Discord: Ennea#9999

Offline Elk

• Choice Architect & Nudger
    • elkdarkshire
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/4683.htm
    • darkshire
    • darkshire.elk
    • View Profile

Reply #18 on: September 07, 2011, 04:12:35 pm
Mathias is correct... if you're not AAing it indicated laziness... and if you don't want to put commitment into it, it wont look good!
On MSN you said you wanted to animate it too and stuff... if you just talk and don't do, it wont fly, duh

something like that... a little touched up

Open for business
elkdarkshire@gmail.com
Elk#2299

Offline Zettman

• Prinny, dood.
    • View Profile

Reply #19 on: September 07, 2011, 04:38:25 pm
Jeez Elk, you pwned me with that last edit... The wings came out 100% bat-like in the end I guess lol. Thanks for showing me how to tackle it on from here though! Looks alot less "raw" and alot more distinguishable.

To the guy with the name Crow; There can only be one black bird here!