AuthorTopic: Base  (Read 2256 times)

Offline Supertramp

• View Profile

Base

on: October 14, 2011, 03:42:50 pm
Hey guys, a friend requested I tried this site out, since it seems to be more active than the current one I was using.. I've recently been watching some zombie related animes, and I've been motivated enough to work on a zombie related game.
I don't know how far this will go, but it's surely a way to kill some time.

I started working on the base for the game last night, and heres what I came up with.

I like to keep my style simple, nothing more than 6-8 bit. That makes it easier for me to make animations and overlays. Looks neat and clean too.

I don't have an outline of how the game is going to be yet, but I'm sure it's somewhere around a zombie apocalypse, where surviving is the top priority. I want it to be made of different characters with different characteristics. Kinda like an RPG.

Example: Character 1 specifies in guns.
             Character 2 specifies in hand to hand combat.
             Character 3 specifies in medicine.

And so on.

Idle South:

Idle North:

Idle Right:

Idle Left:

Walking South:

Walking North:

Walking Right:

Walking Left:

Character:

Note: The shadows is supposed to be transparent.

I'm looking for crits and advice on how to improve these. Anything is appriciated.

Thanks in advanced!

-Supertramp.

Offline Seiseki

• Starmancer
    • OminuxGames
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/35207.htm
    • StarmancerGame
    • View Profile
    • Starmancer Patreon

Re: Base

Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 06:36:42 pm
- Hm, the idle animation looks just like he's getting larger. Not sure how to fix it..
- His legs are extremely short..
- In the south walking animation it looks like he's dancing limbo, because his lower legs just appear and disappear..
- When walking sideways his legs don't bend, it almost look like a worm jumping forward if you ignore the leg behind. Also, why does his head twitch like that?
- For the sideways idle sprite it looks like his stomache is hanging down over his legs and the legs themselves are bent back really strangely.
- And his chest looks a bit too straight.. Try just shading below it.

Aside from some of the strange anatomy I think you've got a pretty good hang of it! :)

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Re: Base

Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 10:35:43 pm
I like these; they're cute.  :-[
I noticed that in the south walking anim his shoulders turn, but in the north walking anim they don't. So, I'd suggest making the north match the south (currently the north don't seem to go inwards but rather remain still).
 :y: