AuthorTopic: Boss Plane [C&C] wanted  (Read 2527 times)

Offline DungeonDan

• View Profile

Boss Plane [C&C] wanted

on: October 11, 2011, 03:03:34 pm
Just something i did and i thought was a step up in my pixel skills so just want to here what you all think.

Offline Kain Nobel

• View Profile

Re: Boss Plane [C&C] wanted

Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 03:45:04 pm
Its a good piece but feels flat, definitely could help to use more contrast in your colors. The perspective in the back just feels off, maybe you should widen out your horizontal stabilizers a bit. The only aircraft I've ever seen with perfectly straight wings is a bi-plane, where there is two sets of wings on both sides, mounted one atop the other, I've never seen it on a single-winged plane. Even if you decide not to go through the trouble of making the wings curve back, it would probably help at least to taper back the ends instead of having that popsicle-stick shape.

Offline Seiseki

• Starmancer
    • OminuxGames
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/35207.htm
    • StarmancerGame
    • View Profile
    • Starmancer Patreon

Re: Boss Plane [C&C] wanted

Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 10:58:26 pm
First of what is the perspective?
Second, your palette looks quite washed out. Also your highlights turn towards blue instead of yellow which looks strange, unless you put it in a night setting, but then you'd need a lot more contrast.

Also, engines tend to sit below planes.
The fuselage doesn't have the same thickness like a sausage, it tends to get smaller towards the end.

I made an edit but ended up pretty much remaking the whole thing due to fixing the wings.  ::)