AuthorTopic: [C+C] ARPG NPCs (2 so far..)  (Read 2833 times)

Offline CodeCriminal

• View Profile

[C+C] ARPG NPCs (2 so far..)

on: August 16, 2011, 09:25:15 am
Hi, I wasnt sure whether or not I should make a seperate thread for the NPCs but it seems appropriate so I went ahead and done it anyway, otherwise the other thread for the main character may get even more cluttered than it is already.

so here they are:

and heres an example of them on that "less than perfect" tile set i created:

Of course I need to start work on sprites for the other directions, but lets get these ones correct first.
Problem Areas (I can see)
- Oldman
  I tried to create some of those baggy trousers and make them look somewhat like a dirty cream but i I dont think I suceeded, what do you think? Also he is supposed too look like he is huddled over with his arms behind his back but i dont think I succeded here either.
- The females dress is fine except from where she goes down it looks like a flat disc, any suggestions as to why this is? Perhaps I should add some sort of motion to the bottom of the dress? its looking kinda static

Ive tried multiple times to fix these errors but all efforts failed. I look forward to your c+c
Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 10:41:26 am by CodeCriminal »

Offline jams0988

• View Profile

Re: [C+C] ARPG NPCs (2 so far..)

Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 04:01:06 pm
I love the style of your sprites; they're very cute. Overall, they look very good. You're right that the old man doesn't look like he's hunched over, though, and I think it's mainly the way he's animated. He looks like he's stomping around, which doesn't really suit someone with terrible old-man posture, hahah. Make his steps slower, and more hobble-y? Some old people even shuffle instead of walking...left foot far forward, then have the right just slide enough to catch up, then put the left foot forward again, never crossing the two legs. That'll probably make him look much older. Right now it looks like he has his dukes up, ready to box someone into submission. Which is pretty awesome in its own way, but... =)

His pants look baggy enough though, and the color is fine. And the style of your sprites really is great, I think!

Offline Seiseki

• Starmancer
    • OminuxGames
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/35207.htm
    • StarmancerGame
    • View Profile
    • Starmancer Patreon

Re: [C+C] ARPG NPCs (2 so far..)

Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 10:34:58 pm
I really like this too!
But I think the ground is way too noisy with all those dots. Try limiting the noise to only a few tiles, because it loses it's effect when you use it on every tile.

The sprites are awesome, but what's with the idle animations? Are those for combat?
The girl looks like she's taking a dump :D
If it's meant to be an idle animation for breathing it's too extreme.