Work > Job offers

Making game - need graphics for sci-fi theme and terrain tiles

(1/3) > >>

NightCabbage:
Hey all

I'm making a game, along the lines of Minecraft, but 2d (similar to Terraria I guess). Side-view (mario style).

Given I'm much more of a programmer than an artist, I'd like to have someone else do the art for the project.

I'm happy to pay for the work (by negotiation over email).

So I'll be needing things like:

- terrain tiles (16x16)
- sci-fi objects
- robots
- turrets
- creatures
- people in powerd armor / small mech suits

... and that sort of thing. If you can't do all of it, but can do some, that's fine - I'm happy to work with multiple artists.

You can contact me (preferably) by email, and also on the forum here. It'd also be great to see some of your work, if you have a portfolio, or even just some previous work to show me, I'm easy :)

Email address - nightcabbage@gmail.com

Thanks!
NightCabbage

RedKnight91:
Seems interesting, but I think you should give away more details if you want people to help, as in, what's the setting of the game, what kind of game it is (aside from it being side-view), maybe some plot or ideas you already have in your mind.

Cheers : D

Hishnak:
It does sound like a fun project to work on. Providing a little more detail about the number of objects and animations would be helpful too. Do you have the game planned and designed or are you still working all that out?

NightCabbage:
Sure, I can provide a bit of extra information!

I'm currently creating the engine - it's a tile engine that can generate and run maps up to 268 million x 268 million blocks in size (each block is 16x16 pixels).
(Terraria's largest map is 8400 x 2400 tiles, compared)

The game can be played as both singleplayer or multiplayer (so people can join together to explore and create together).

I'm still designing and adding details and ideas, but I have a rough idea of what it will look like. I just thought it'd be nice to get an artist on board right from the start.

So, as to the setting of the game, it's an alien planet, similar to earth, but a bit different, too.
The planet has some alien technology on it.

Environments will range from the usual dirt and grass, to stone, water, lava, mountains, caves, etc. (with some alien environments too)

As to the amount of graphics I'd need...

- terrain tilesets, probably about 6 distinct ones, with the rest being modifications of the others.
- trees, crystals, and other objects
- player graphic - a person in a power suit / mech suit / power armor - animated for running left/right, jumping, and looking towards where the mouse is pointing. Male and female versions would be required, but can be very similar.
- creatures (animated for moving and attacking)
- robots (animated for moving and attacking)
- technology items (player's base items, like turrets, generators, elevators, etc.)

There is no colour limit - I'll be using 32-bit pngs, with 8-bit alpha transparency.

There are also some ideas and details that I'd like to leave hidden at this stage :P

But I hope that helps!

-EDIT-

Removed some information about the game, as I don't want to reveal too much :)

Psiweapon:
Sent you an e-mail a few hours ago.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version